Here is the latest restaurant news roundup from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. Momofuku Las Vegas at The Cosmopolitan has introduced a late-night menu available from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. daily. The menu features steamed buns, noodles and a new fried chicken sandwich made of chili-glazed fried chicken topped with cucumbers, lettuce, and served on a potato roll (only available at Cosmopolitan). The menu also features a rotating selection of late-night wine specials.
2. New cooking classes begin April 7 at Urban Turban. The classes will take place every 2 weeks. Learn how to prepare popular Indian dishes from Master Chef Tarun Kapoor. Each class will feature an appetizer, entree and dessert. Cost is $40 per person. Class sizes are limited. 702-826-3217.
3. Andre's Bistro & Bar in the southwest is now offering an express lunch (appetizer and entree) for $19.95 (dessert also available for additional $4.50). Appetizer choices include Caesar salad, mixed green salad and French onion soup; entree choices include grilled chicken sandwich, ricotta gnochhi, golden trout amandine and flat-iron steak frites ($6.50 supplement). Dessert choices include creme brulee, chocolate pot de creme and lemon tart.
4. Papa Murphy's has unveiled 2 options for price-conscious families -- the XLNY (Extra Large New York Style) Pizza for $7 and 2 medium 2-topping pizzas for $5.99 each. These meals were created for families who crave tasty, high-quality meals at affordable prices. Participating stores in select markets will offer one of these options for a limited time only.
5. Proof Tavern, a new gaming and dining establishment in the Lake Las Vegas community, is now open at MonteLago Village. Proof Tavern will provide patrons 21 and over with a diverse array of menu items ranging from American comfort foods to classic favorites with a modern twist, a full service bar including specialty craft cocktails, wine and spirits and gaming.
6. BRIO Tuscan Grille at Tivoli Village is celebrating its anniversary this month with 6 days of savings from April 28 to May 3. The six days of savings include:
-- April 28: Bounce Backs: Guests that spend $25 or more will receive a $6 bounce back for their next BRIO visit
-- April 29: Bottomless Mimosa Brunch: Brunch goers can enjoy $10 bottomless mimosas served from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
-- April 30: $6 Sangria: Guests can enjoy $6 glasses of Sangria all day
-- May 1: 50 Percent Off Wine: Diners can indulge in half-off wine all day
-- May 2: Buy One, Get One Pasta: Diners that buy one pasta dish, get a second one of equal or lesser value for free
-- May 3: Extended Happy Hour: BRIO’s famous happy hour is extended through 10 p.m.
7. Barley’s Casino & Brewing Co. is doubling down on its 21-year brewing culture with a new partnership and renewed focus on quality, local craft beer. Banger Brewing has taken over all brewing operations inside Barley’s Casino & Brewing Co. A refreshed beer menu will feature several new beers. To try the new brew recipes, Barley’s offers kegs and growlers to-go with 15.5-gallon and 5.5-gallon kegs priced at $90 and $35, respectively; 64-ounce growlers are $8.99; and refills are $4.99. Barley’s hosts a happy hour every day from 3-6 p.m. and 11 p.m.-6 a.m. with $3, 20-ounce beers.
8. Umami Burger, Beer Garden & Sports Book at SLS Las Vegas has introduced a limited-edition burger and beverage combo as part of its Artist Series: Cindy’s Casa Burger, inspired by fashion icon Cindy Crawford, and Rande’s Spicy Margarita, created by her husband, Rande Gerber. Available through May 12, proceeds from the sale of each burger and cocktail will benefit the American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisc. and its “Fighting Cancer So Kids Won’t Have To” campaign. Cindy's Casa Burger ($14) features 2 jalapeno-studded beef patties, avocado, carmelized onions and more. Rande's Spicy Margarita made with Casamigos Blanco and muddled serrano peppers is $11 each.
9. Passover is approaching at the beginning of April and La Cave Wine & Food Hideaway at Wynn Las Vegas will be featuring a special dish, exclusively from April 10 to 18. La Cave will serve soy braised short-rib served with baby carrots and natural jus, priced at $21 for the eight days of Passover.
10. Honey Salt welcomes “Six Pack Chef” Hemant Kishore, chef and owner to the pop-up kitchen “Toddy Shop,” as part of the Guest Chef Dinner Series. Chef Kishore will delight guests with his Indian flare and health-conscious philosophy at a communal dining experience at 6:30 p.m. April 11. Menu highlights included roasted peanut salsa, lentil cake, crispy skin snapper, Cornish hen stew, and tropical souffle jackfruit jam. Cost is $54 per person with an optional wine pairing for $25.
11. Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar has added several items to its spring, brunch and Happy Hour menus. They include grizzly fries, spicy Buffalo chicken lollipops, sausage and chili oil pizza, a bison burger, corn chowder, strawberry French toast, a breakfast burger, banana pudding, garlic parmesan waffle chips, cast iron turkey meatballs, atomic fried rice and more.
12. HEXX Kitchen & Bar at Paris Las Vegas has added several new brunch items. They include roasted beets & grains, served with red beets, barley lentils, red onion, raisins, nuts, seeds and cumin yogurt dressing, priced at $15.95; and the chicken tortilla soup, topped with cilantro, sour cream cotija cheese and avocado, priced at $9.95. These items join a menu of signature favorites including the the “Cinnaroll” waffle, topped with cream cheese frosting, cinnamon and sugar, priced at $13.95; the savory corned beef hash featuring corned beef sweet potato, onion, poached egg and hollandaise, priced at $15.95; and quiche featuring onion potato chorizo, snow white cheddar and egg, priced at $14.95.
13. Carson Kitchen in Downtown Las Vegas has added several new menu items in celebration of Spring. The seasonal dishes include couscous confetti, hobo stew, marble potatoes, honey cheesecake and more. They've also introduced 2 new drinks -- Cashme Ousside made with a double rye and the Pink Smoking Jacket made with mezeal, ginger beer and strawberry puree.
If you would like to submit an item for a future roundup of restaurant news, send an email to email@example.com.