Here is the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. The Cornish Pasty Co. has made the move to Downtown Las Vegas. The new location is at 10 E. Charleston Boulevard, across from the Arts Factory. The menu is based around the British pasty, which is a baked pie with various fillings. The restaurant also offers a Guinness stew, an all-day English breakfast, Shepherd's Pie and Lamb Vindaloo.
2. Sin City Brewing Co. is opening its 4th location inside the Grand Bazaar Shops on Oct. 28. The newest location will feature the brewery's five signature craft beers, a rotating seasonal brew, and the brewery’s first outdoor seating area. There is also a convenient walk-up bar for guests on the go. Sin City Brewing's beers utilize only four ingredients in accordance with the 1516 German Beer Purity Law. Master Brewer Rich Johnson was trained by German brewmasters and is a frequent traveler to Germany.
3. Daily Kitchen Modern Eatery & Rotisserie in Summerlin has added some new items to its menu for the season. Beginning Nov. 1, the restaurant will begin serving breakfast, including steak and eggs, an avocado toast and egg sandwich, and egg and quinoa bowls. Other new items include a pesto and balsamic rotisserie chicken sandwich, albacore tacos, curried cauliflower with dates and almonds, and truffle couscous. New family meals feature a choice of ready-to-serve entrees, a salad, and two sides. Prices start at $35 for a meal that will serve 4 to 6 people.
4. Yellowtail Japanese Restaurant & Lounge at Bellagio Resort & Casino has introduced a variety of new menu items, including shared plates, new style sashimi, specialty rolls nd entrees. Items include Scallop Tiradito (Hokkaido scallop, roasted red pepper citrus and micro cilantro); new style sashimi (choice of salmon, white fish, octopus or beef with hot oil, Yuzu soy, garlic and micro Thai basil); seared Monkfish; soft-shell crab roll; and duck breast.
5. The High Roller will celebrate the holiday season with an in-cabin holiday chocolate experience from Ethel M Chocolates from Nov. 3 to Dec. 29. During the ride, an Ethel M chocolatier ambassador will discuss the origins of chocolate and how the pieces were created while guests enjoy the holiday chocolates. Each guest will also receive a voucher for a free glass of wine. Tastings will be available from 5 to 8:30 p.m. every Thursday. Cost is $52 per person.
6. Carson Kitchen in Downtown Las Vegas is hosting a monthly Happy Hour the first Friday of the month. Enjoy delectable bites prepared by Chef John Courtney and swigs sponsored by Breakthru Beverage, all for $8 each. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Keep Memory Alive. Dishes include crispy chicken skins and Hawaiian flatbread. Swigs include the Get Shorty (tequila and grapefruit) and the cocktail of the month.
7. Libertine Social at Mandalay Bay will host Fireside Chef Chats on Nov. 5, 12 and 18. Guests will enjoy a five-course prix-fix meal paired with Firestone Brewery’s finest selections at the restaurant’s interactive chef’s counter. The intimate beer pairing event will host two seatings of ten guests and will begin with a reception at Libertine Social’s Arcade Bar. Seatings are at 6 and 8:30 p.m. Cost is $75 per person plus tax and gratuity.
8. Bellagio Executive Chef of Banquets and Catering Michael Burns will host the year’s third An Executive Chef’s Culinary Classroom event with a Thanksgiving-themed class. Guests will learn how to keep the meat juicy and flavorful along with other tricks of the trade sure to impress at any family gathering this holiday season. The class will take place at 7 p.m. Nov. 10 in the Tuscany Kitchen. Cost is $135 per person plus tax and gratuity.
9. Chef Mario Batali is celebrating the release of the new "Big American Cookbook" with a dinner featuring dishes from the book. The dinner will begin at 7 p.m. Nov. 18 at B&B Ristorante at The Venetian. Culinary Director Nicole Brisson and Executive Chef Brett Unis will prepare 10 recipes including oyster BBQ, deviled eggs, clam rolls, corn muffins, pierogis, Fisherman's Wharf Cioppino, bison rib eye, scalloped potatoes, Texas caviar, Nopales salad, Boston Cream pie, and Grape-Nuts ice cream. Price is $135 per person. Only 40 guests allowed.
10. Packages are now on sale for Ultimo - A Weekend of Excellence from Dec. 9 to 11 at The Venetian. The event is the most extravagant culinary event of the year in Las Vegas and this year's theme is "Le Grand Voyage." In addition to the Grand Banquet, this year's event will include a Rolls-Royce driving experience, a hot air balloon ride and Dom Perignon picnic at Red Rock Canyon, a Louis Vuitton fashion experience and much more. Participating chefs include Thomas Keller, Jérôme Bocuse, Emma Bengtsson, Curtis Stone, Ming Tsai, Vikram Vij, Pierre Thiam, Paul Bartolotta and Shaun Hergatt. Packages are priced at $4,551 and $5,751. Prices are per couple and do not include taxes or fees. The Grand Buffet only is $2,500 per couple. A portion of the proceeds benefits Ment'or and Keep Memory Alive of the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health.
11. NOVE Italiano at Palms hotel-casino is offering nine, $9 appetizers exclusively in the posh bar area from 5 to 10 p.m. daily. Small plate options include Anguria Prosciutto Melone, Mussels Al Forno, Baked Eggplant Caprese, Roasted Tomatoes on the Vine, Grilled Piadipizza Romagna, Pasta Amatriciana Lazio, Pasta Al nero Bottarga, Lamb Chops Calabria and NOVE's Polenta Torta.
12. The A.1. Chop House Burger and Pumpkin Pie Concrete have returned to Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers for the season at participating locations. The burger features two lean ground beef patties topped with onions, sautéed mushrooms, and white cheddar cheese. The burger is drizzled with a zesty A.1.® and garlic sauce, and served on a home-style bun. The Pumpkin Pie Concrete is made with fresh and creamy vanilla frozen custard, blended with a whole slice of rich pumpkin pie, crust and all. Topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with cinnamon, it is a seasonal favorite among Freddy’s guests. The burger is available through Nov. 16, and the Pumpkin Pie Concrete will be on sale until Dec. 24.
13. Jaleo at The Cosmopolitan is celebrating sherry during International Sherry Week (Nov. 7-13). Jose Andres boasts one of the best Spanish sherry lists in the nation at Jaleo. The restaurant will feature about a dozen newly created special sherry cocktails for the entire duration of Sherry Week. Also, on November 10 at 7 p.m., Jaleo will host a “Sherry vs. Wine” dinner featuring González Byass, one of Spain's most well-known sherry bodegas. The five-course menu (attached) will pair each course with both a sherry and wine for guests to experience and rate their preferred sip! The dinner is priced at $100 per person for food and sherry and wine pairings (tax and gratuity additional).
If you would like to submit an item for our restaurant news roundup, please send a press release to email@example.com.