Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news in the Las Vegas valley:
1. April 1 has been declared Chef Rick Moonen Day and rm seafood and Rx Boiler Room at The Shoppes at Mandalay Place are celebrating with specials including 50 percent off sushi at rm seafood from 4 to 7 p.m. and an extended Happy Hour at Rx Boiler Room from 4 to 7 p.m. Mayor Goodman decaled April 1 as Rick Moonen Day in 2015.
2. Tom's Urban at New York-New York is doing something special for certified public accountants during tax season. Starting April 5, CPA's are invited to enjoy a not-so-secret 1040 menu, available Sunday through Thursday all month long. Guests will be able to indulge in dishes such as Ginger Chicken Potstickers, Double Dip Hummus, Crispy Brussel Sprouts, and Urban Street Tacos (choice of carinas, adobo chicken, sticky belly, steak carbon or mahi mahi), to name a few, along with any big beer or big cocktail on draft – all for just $10.40 each. To redeem this special menu, guests must show their business card or other proof. Any “math wizard” sort-of-job counts.
3. Triple George Grill has partnered with The Mob Museum to offer "The Made Experience," which consists for a 3-course prix fixe menu at Triple George and a ticket to The Mob Museum. Menu highlights include a charcuterie platter, kale salad, filet rossini, bacon-wrapped scallops, and choice of desserts. "The Made Experience" also includes a private booth and a Triple George cocktail shaker. Cost is $89 per person.
4. Grimaldi's Pizzeria has announced that barbecue chicken pizza is back on the menu from April 4 to May 31. The pizza features Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce, sliced chicken, smoky bacon, and red onion. Wash it down with a Samuel Adams Boston lager.
5. April 4 kicks off a season of rum specials at Casa Fuente, the cigar bar and lounge inside The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. Casa Fuente will offer an array of fresh fruit muddled mojitos including blueberry, blackberry, peach and pineapple. All flavored mojitos at Casa Fuente, including the world famous Casa Mojito and Tangerine Mojito, are $14 each. Casa Fuente will be also offering a Cigar and Mojito pairing for $20 which includes one of Casa Fuente’s house mojitos and an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Natural or Maduro Cigar. This special is available Sunday through Thursday.
6. Honey Salt is celebrating Spring with a farm table dinner on April 12. The Spring Into April farm table will feature a house pate, bacon-wrapped fig skewers, spring greens and tomatoes, garlic and herb-crusted pork, slow braised pork shoulder, smashed fingerling potatoes, charred ramps, and Harry's Berries. Wine pairing available. Cost is $45 per person ($25 extra for wine).
7. CRUSH inside MGM Grand is celebrating Eggs Benedict Day on April 16 with a unique version of eggs benedict. The Sea Scallop Benny by Corporate Executive Chef William DeMarco features three fresh and tender sea scallops, a sunny-side quail egg, chorizo and chipotle hollandaise.
8. HEXX Kitchen + Bar recently introduced a chocolate-inspired prix fixe menu created by Executive Chef Matthew Piekarski. The "Chocolate Spell" for $59.95 features a simple salad and a 14 oz. rib-eye served with house-made cocoa butter infused with garlic.The dessert course incorporates HEXX’s Venezuelan chocolate into a decadent milk chocolate cheesecake. The meal has the option to be paired with The Hexx cocktail, made with Stolichnaya Vanil, Tempus Fugit Dark Cacao, Luxardo Angioletto and cream, priced at $14.
9. TREVI Italian Restaurant inside The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace has a new kids' menu and a menu for guests with dietary restrictions. The kids' menu features favorties such as calamari, mini meatballs and French fries for $6 and spaghetti and meatballs, fettuccine with butter, fettucini Alfredo, and three kinds of pizza for $10. The vegetarian menu features a variety of dishes, including pizza, soup and pasta.
10. Andiron Steak & Sea at Downtown Summerlin has welcomed the new season with new dinner menu items, live music four days a week, an updated bar menu and weekly events, including Locals Love Tuesdays. New menu items include foie gras & waffles, kale & endive salad, Creekstone Farms cowboy rib-eye, Colorado lamb t-bones, and Serrano ham crusted salmon. On Tuesdays, guests can enjoy $5 martinis and $1 oysters from 5 p.m. to close. New snacks on the bar menu include bacon jalapeno churros, pigs in the blanket and buffalo waffle chips.
11. db Brasserie is celebrating its 2nd anniversary by bringing back The Piggie, a throwback to Chef Daniel Boulud's menu at DBGB Kitchen and bar in New York. The Piggie features a 7 oz. Angus beef patty deliciously topped with house-made BBQ pulled pork, a kick of jalapeño, Boston lettuce, and mustard-vinegar slaw held together by a cheddar bun. The throwback creation is served alongside French fries and a refreshing glass of CraftHaus Brewery’s Resinate IPA. The Piggie Burger combo will be available during happy hour and dinner throughout the month of April for $22.
12. Kneaders Bakery & Cafe is opening its first Southern Nevada location ever on April 8 in Henderson on Eastern Avenue. They will be giving away a free meal of chunky cinnamon French toast to the first 100 customers attending the grand opening on April 8 and 9. Kneaders is known for their European hearth breads made in-house and from scratch daily. They offer 12 varieties of bread, 42 mouth-watering pastries, and soups, sandwiches and salads.
13. Emeril Lagasse's Table 10 has introduced several new menu items for the season. Some of the new dishes inlcude white aspargus salad ($13), sweet pea soup ($11), rabbit pot pie ($18), ahi tuna tartate ($16); bbq duck in blueberry BBQ sauce ($34) and caramelized sea scallops ($39).
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to email@example.com.