Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news in the Las Vegas valley:
1. Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres inside SLS Las Vegas is hosting a six-course wine pairing dinner with winemaker and owner of Donnhoff Winery, Cornelius Donnhoff, on July 22. Menu highlights include cotton candy foie gras, Alaskan King crab legs, geoduck, salmon tartare, suckling pig, Wagyu beef cheeks, Brussels sprouts petals, and Japanese peaches. Cost is $150 per person. Make reservations by calling 702-761-7610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Tbones Chophouse & Lounge at Red Rock Resort is hosting a four-course wine dinner event on July 28. Menu highlights include choice of scallop crudo or fried green tomatoes, grilled Gem lettuce, crispy pheasant breast, a rack of wild boar made with crispy pancetta, smoked tomato and charred corn and a chocolate bar for dessert accompanied by a glass of Obtuse. Reservations can be made by calling 702-797-7517. Cost is $125 (excluding tax and gratuity).
3. Lupo by Wolfgang Puck's has introduced a new pre-fixe menu for summer. For $45 a person, guests can choose between a choice of appetizer (Weiser Farm Melon Salad or Heirloom Tomato Soup), entrée (Pappardelle Bolognese or Roasted Scottish Salmon or Grilled Organic Half Chicken) and dessert (Vanilla Panna Cotta or Tiramisu).
4. A new weekly series kicked off on Sunday at Tivoli Village. It continues from noon to 3 p.m. July 23-24, July 30-31, Aug. 6-7 and Aug. 13-14 at Brio Tuscan Grille. There will be live music, delicious brunch fare, and complimentary drinks. Outdoor terrace seating will be available for guests to enjoy the weather and savor signature flavors of authentic Italian favorites.
5. Habit Burger Grill is celebrating National Ice Cream Month (July) by giving CharClub members a complimentary shake or malt. The limited time offer kicked off on July 17 and will end July 31. Limit of one per member. Guests are invited to sign up to be a member at Habitburger.com/charclub.
6. The July burger special at B&B Burger & Beer inside The Venetian is the Peperonata Burger, a six-ounce beef patty on a potato bun, topped with Espellette mayo, Taleggio cheese, peperonata and red romaine lettuce. This special burger is available now through the summer.
7. Cheffini's Hot Dog is celebrating National Hot Dog Day on July 23 with a $5 hot dog and beer combo deal all day. The combo includes the restaurant's popular signature Cheffini's dog, featuring a grilled frank, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, mozzarella, crushed potato chips, pineapple sauce, mustard, mayo, and ketchup, and a 12-ounce draft Pabst Blue Ribbon. Cheffini’s is located on the first floor of Downtown Container Park.
8. Head to Holsteins Shakes and Buns inside The Cosmopolitan to celebrate National Coffee Milkshake Day on July 26 with a Coffee & Donuts Bam-Boozled Shake made with coffee ice cream, cake donut, malt Patron XO Café and chocolate espresso beans. Priced at just $13.
9. Cabo Wabo Cantina inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood has introduced a new Half-Off Happy Hour from 3 to 6 p.m. daily. This new happy hour includes half-off specials on appetizers, house margaritas, sangria, shots of Cabo Wabo tequila and draft beer. The Cabo Wabo appetizer sampler, loaded with taquitos, mini chimichangas, wings, cheese quesadillas, a nacho skillet, guacamole and salsa arbol is priced at only $13.50, while the classic Cabo Wabo house margarita, crafted with traditional 100 percent Blue Agave tequila, is priced at $5.
10. Ohjah, a Japanese steakhouse, sushi and hibachi restaurant, has introduced several new items to its extensive menu. Ohjah is adding lamb chops, duck and sea bass to all of its locations in Las Vegas except for the one near Decatur Boulevard and Blue Diamond Road. The restaurant is known for its fresh, affordable and high-quality cuisine.
11. Honey Salt is going Bratalian for its chef dinner series in July. Italian chef and TV culinary personality Carla Pellegrino, executive chef and owner of Bratalian in Henderson, will wow guests with her one-of-a-kind approach to Italian cooking at 6:30 p.m. July 26. Menu highlights include roasted cumin meatballs, a salad made with octopus, Yukon potatoes and fava beans, fresh strozzapreti pasta, and a passion fruit mousse biscuit with raspberry coulis and fresh tropical fruits. Cost is $49 per person, optional wine pairing is $25.
12. Casa Del Matador stampedes into Downtown Summerlin on July 28. The restaurant will offer scratch-made, seasonal Mexican cuisine, hand-crafted cocktails and a carefully curated selection of 128 rare tequilas. The restaurant's artistic interior design will feature hand-picked lighting from Mexico and Morocco, artisan decor, custom ironwork, sugar skull wallpaper, and a beautiful hand-crafted bar with golden inlay. Flickering candles and an open floor-to-ceiling fireplace will create a welcoming ambiance.
13. Edge Steakhouse is celebrating its first anniversary at Westgate hotel-casino with a special multi-course tasting menu and an exclusive dinner with Chef de Cuisine Steve Young. The exclusive dinner will take place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 28. It will include five courses and wine pairing and the opportunity to discuss the menu with Young. Cost is $125 per person. Limited seating. RSVP at opentable.com. In addition, Edge is offering a special three-course anniversary menu from July 28 to 30. Menu highlights include choice of Silk Road spicy shrimp, English pea ravioli, beef carpaccio or baby Gem lettuce; choice of Beef Wellington, sea scallops, Skuna Bay salmon or roasted chicken; and choice of New York cheesecake. Cost is $85 per person.
If you would like to submit information for our biweekly restaurant roundups, send a press release to email@example.com.