Here is the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley. If you would like to submit an item for a future list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include photos.
1. Nevada's first Goose Island Pub is officially opening this week at the Hard Rock hotel-casino. The pub will feature 8 Goose Island beers, including Goose 312 Wheat Ale, Goose Four Star Pils, Goose Green Line Pale Ale, Goose Honker's Ale, Goose IPA, Matilda (Belgian-style pale ale), Soffie (farmhouse ale) and Summertime Kolsch. Pub-stye food items include cast-iron Chicago pizza dip, shrimp po boys and the South Side deli sandwich. Goose Island Beer Company is one of Chicago's original craft beer companies.
2. STK at The Cosmopolitan on the Las Vegas Strip is offering a special cocktail in remembrance of the victims of the nightclub shooting in Orlando named the Orlando Pride. Proceeds from the cocktail, which is priced at $17 and on sale until July 15, will go to the victims and their families through the OneOrlando Fund.
3. The locally owned and operated Rise & Shine: A Steak & Egg Place is celebrating the first anniversary of its Flamingo location with a special menu featuring 5 of its signature favorites from the past year, including omelettes with hash brown potatoes and choice of bread; pancakes topped with fruit; the ultimate steak and eggs breakfast; chilaquiles prepared with ranchero chips, refried beans, a variety of cheeses, avocado and salsa; and chicken and waffles. The special menu is available through July 15.
4. A contemporary Japanese restaurant owned by celebrity chef Masaharu Morimoto is coming this fall to the MGM Grand. It will replace Shibuya, which will close July 2. The new restaurant named Morimoto Las Vegas will feature exquisite design along with signature sushi creations and spectacular cocktail offerings, including exclusive culinary selections created specifically for the Las Vegas location. A specific opening date has not been announced.
5. Pot Liquor Contemporary American Smokehouse at Town Square has changed its name to Pot Liquor Smokehouse Barbecue to emphasize it is a barbecue restaurant. Pot Liquor has also added several items to its menu including pulled pork nachos, spare riblets, craf fritters, cheddar grits, a hot link hoagie, and a new combination platter named A Month of Sundays that is idea for large parties and features one pound each of hot links, pulled pork, beef brisket and a whole smoked chicken, full rack of baby back ribs, full rack of spare ribs, side dishes and cornbread.
6. Public House at The Venetian has introduced several tasty, summer cocktails, including the Brewmaster's Tea (Rittenhouse rye, lemon juice, simple syrup, yellow Chartreuse, topped with Belgian Witbier), Spring Morning (Stoli Citros, Domaine de Canton, St. Germain, cucumber and mint bitters), and Easter Island Dream (Makers Mark, Aperol, Amaro Nonio, housemade hoppy honey syrup). Public House also recently introduced a new Summer Social Hour from 4 to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. The social hour features $6 food selections and $4 drinks.
7. BRAVO! Cucina Italiana is celebrating its first anniversary in Henderson on July 7. The city of Henderson will declare it BRAVO! Cucuina Italiana Day and the mayor will take part n a festive pizza toss and deliver a Pizza BRAVO! donation to the Boys & Girls Club of Southern Nevada Donald W. Reynolds Clubhouse. Customers will receive a free dessert on Jul 7 and can try one of the new menu items, including a thin-crust pizza topped with Sopressata, peperoncini, Ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses, chili flakes, basil and lemon aioli. Other tasty new items diners can indulge in include Linguine Carbonara, Braised Pork Marsala and Spicy Shrimp and Clam Linguine.
8. Emeril Lagasse's popular $65 three-course prix fixe dinner menu is back at Delmonico Steakhouse inside The Venetian. The menu features New Orleans gumbo, choice of Alaskan halibut dry-aged petite rib-eye, grilled prime boneless NY strip or mushroom crusted petite filet medallions. Finish the meal with a sweet treat of caramel butter cake, banana cream pie parfait or pecan pie.
9. Dragon Noodle Co. & Sushi Bar at Monte Carlo hotel-casino is celebrating 20 years with a special $20 three-course menu through July 31. The menu will include choice of egg flower or hot and sour soup; choice of vegetable spring rolls or pot stickers; and Singapore noodles with baby shrimp and BBQ pork, Hong Kong chow mein, Mongolian beef, beef with broccoli, orange peel chicken, Kung pao chicken and Mu shu pork (choice of two). In addition, Dragon Noodle will donate a portion of proceeds from every Hong Kong chow mein ordered off the regular menu to the Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth (NPHY).
10. Tom's Urban at New York-New York Hotel & Casino is breaking out the punch bowl on the patio this summer with their all-new punch bowl cocktails, which include Rockabilly Juice (Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and lemonade served with mason jars; choice of original, grapefruit, passion fruit or blueberry); Vintage Mule (Absolut Vodka, house-made ginger beer and fresh mint; choice of original, watermelon or blueberry); Bowl of Monkeys Sangria (Infinite Monkey Theorem red wine, brandy, peach schnapps, orange juice, cranberry juice and apple juice); and much more!
11. Andiron's Steak & Sea's consulting sushi chef Roy Villacrusis will host a special sushi-inspired dinner at Honey Salt on Rampart Boulevard on June 30. The menu will include panko-crusted salmon rolls, bbq pork belly. miso-glazed black cod with Manila clams and shrimp, and shaved watermelon ice cream. Cost is $49 per person for the communal dinner. An optional two-course beverage pairing is available for an additional $19.
12. Strip House Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood has launched its table-side rare Scotch cart service. The new, one-of-a-kind Scotch cart offers diners some of the rarest, finely crafted Scotch in the world, including a 30-year Balvenie, 25-year Macallan, 28-year Adelphi Longmore and a 1978 vintage Glenrothes. The Scotch cart is equipped with specialized hand-cut glasses and crystal clear ice cubes made from water that has been boiled 3 times.
13. Special monthly events at Crossroads Restaurant inside of House of Blues at Mandalay in July include the Saturday Morning Cartoons brunch on July 16; the No Regrets brunch on July 9 and 23 with all-you-can-drink mimosas and loaded vodka drinks; the Late Night Dine-In Movie at midnight on July 15; and the Strip Searched Comedy Show on July 18. In addition, kids eat free all month long and customers will receive a free scoop of ice cream with purchase on National Ice Cream Day (July 17).