Here is the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. Carnevino Italian Steakhouse at The Palazzo is now offering The Martini Lunch beginning at noon daily. The Martini Lunch is priced at $65 per person ($50 without cocktails) and includes 2 martinis and three courses, all of which can be served within an hour. Martini choices include the Manhattan, English Cucumber, Blood Orange Cosmo and a classic martini. First-course choices: Little Gem Salad, grilled octopus, and Carne Cruda. Second-course choices: Tagliatelle Bolognese, salmon or filet mignon. Third-course choices: Corn Panna Cotta and Bomboloni. Reservations requested.
2. For the first time, Habit Burger Grill is offering a chicken sandwich. The Golden Chicken Sandwich ($6.25) starts with a fresh, filleted chicken breast that is hand-dipped into house-made seasoned flour and buttermilk, not just once but twice, before being fried to perfection and custom made to order. It is topped with a spicy red pepper sauce and served with fresh sliced tomato, lettuce and tangy pickles on a soft toasted bun. The sandwich will only be offered for a limited time at participating locations.
3. The Boisset Collection Dinner featuring wines chosen by Head Sommelier Devin Zendel will take place Oct. 14 at db Brasserie at The Venetian. The wines will be paired with seasons dishes from Chef Daniel Boulud and Executive Chef Vincent Pouessel. Menu highlights include a shaved fennel salad, roasted Sonoma squab, a duo of slow-braised beef cheeks and grilled New York Strip, and a frozen honey mousse.
4. Sunday Suppers by Chef Mayra will take place in October, November and December at Tivoli Village. Presented by fresh 52 Farmers' Market, the farm-to-table vegan-style dinners will take place Oct. 16, Nov. 13 and Dec. 18. The theme for October is "Ontono Romantico" or Romantic Autumn, November's theme is "Happy Thanksgiving, A Life Celebration" and the theme for December is "Holiday Farmhouse & Cocktails." Cost rangers from $50 to $70. A portion of proceeds from each dinner will benefit a different local nonprofit.
5. Green Valley Ranch's Taste to Share program features a variety of sharable plates and specialty drinks from it various restaurants including Borracha, Botigglia, Grand Café, Hank's Fine Steaks & Martinis, Pizza Rock and Tides. Items include deviled eggs, lobster tacos, mini churros and strawberry margaritas from Borracha; butternut squash gnocchi and a Fresca Fizz cocktail from Bottiglia; stuffed portabella mushrooms, baked brie and the Rocky Peach cocktail from Grand Cafe; wagyu ravioli and butternut squash soup from Hank's; eggplant lasagna, caramelized apple and ricotta turn-over and sangria from Pizza Rock; and an elderflower sparkler, sushi trio and po boy sliders from Tides. Prices range from $8 to $12. Served 5 to 7 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays.
6. Rivea at Delano Las Vegas is celebrating its one-year anniversary with a special five-course dinner during the month of October. The menu was created by Chef Alain Ducasse and Executive Chef Bruno Riou. Menu highlights include a selection of classic Rivea aperitifs, ox cheek and cocoa tortellini, John Dory served with clams, calamari, prawns, fennel and purple potatoes in a bouillabaisse broth, Angus filet mignon and Limoncello Bab. Priced at $115 per person.
7. Ferraro's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar has added several healthy options and all-natural meats to its menu, which also features several new dishes for fall. Vegan appetizers and main courses include chickpea mousse, arugula salad, mushroom risotto and house-made sweet potato and chickpea gnocchi. All-nature meats include Silver Fern Farms Angus beef and Hermy Spanish Rabbit. Fall dishes include grilled shrimp and chickpea fritters, grilled Mediterranean sea bass, boneless free-range chicken and butternut squash ravioli.
8. Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar has opened a new location at Town Square. Also, the restaurant has a new fall/winter menu at both locations. Menu highlights include housemade lentil soup, bone-in pork schnitzel, slow-braised lamb shank, lamb ragu, chicken curry bowl, pumpkin cheesecake, warm apple crumble, iced mocha and a fall fest sampler (flight of three, 8-ounce brews).
9. For the first time, Hard Rock Cafe is offering a meatless menu. New items include cauliflower "wings"; ratatouille flatbread; grilled ratatouille wrap (grilled vegetables with Sriracha mayo); fennel, beet and orange salad; quinoa arugula salad; and the cauliflower burger. New cocktails include the Very Veggie 'Tini and Wascally Wabbit (alcohol-free mix of carrot, apple and orange juices, ginger and Orgeat). The new menu will be available through Nov. 13.
10. The Barrymore is celebrating 5 years in Las Vegas with a commemorative throwback menu through Nov. 6. Reflecting guests' nostalgic favorites throughout the years, the revived items include lobster deviled eggs ($12); vitello tonnato ($15); duck confit with creamy farro, sottocenere truffle cheese and truffle jus ($29); and Diver scallops with oxtail ragout and potato cakes ($33).
11. A new restaurant that pays tribute to legendary motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel is set to open in October. Evel Pie will feature the decor of a 1979 pizza shop with a few modern touches. It will serve New York-style pizza by the slice and baked-to-order pies. The restaurant is owned and operated by High Horse, a new hospitality collective from Seth Schorr, Jeffrey Fine and Branden Powers(managing partner of The Golden Tiki), in cooperation with Evel's son Kelly. The new restaurant will also serve cheap drinks, craft beers and America's favorite backyard beers -- Hamm's, Schlitz and Coors. The restaurant will be located between Park on Fremont and Therapy. An opening date has not been announced.
12. Flour & Barley - Brick Oven Pizza at The LINQ Promenade has introduced a new pizza for Fall. The Autumn Pie is topped with red sauce, roasted butternut squash ricotta cheese, smoked bacon, mushroom and arugula and is priced at $17.
13. Michael Mina's Stripsteak at Mandalay Bay is celebrating 10 years with throwback menus during the month of October. Different items will be offered each week and guests can order the items a la carte. This week's items include bacon-wrapped lobster fritters, spinach souffle, the Claymore (Oban 14 single malt Scotch, St. Germaine and peach Lambic beer) and the Love Affair (blend of Grey Goose L’Orange vodka, Lillet Blanc and white cranberry juice). Menu items from Oct. 15-21 include foie gras sliders, tomato-dusted onion rings, Pomengranate Caipiroska (blend of Pearl pomegranate vodka, pomegranate juice and muddled lime) and a pineapple mojito. During the last week of the month, diners can order Crab Louis lettuce cups, chicken fried steak, adult cherry lemonade and the Pefect 10 (Tanqueray 10 gin combined with elderflower syrup and orange blossom water, served straight up with an orange peel garnish). Items are priced from $14 to $50 each. Michael Mina's Root Beer Float and the Rock 'n' Rye cocktail will also be available.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to email@example.com.