Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news in the Las Vegas valley:
1. Pei Wei has introduced a new summer menu focused on salad with bright flavors. The new items include the Thai steak and mango salad, ahi avocado salad, and Vietnamese rice noodle salad. In addition, Pei Wei has updated its Asian chopped chicken salad and added honey sriracha wings. The new menu items became available beginning July 5.
2. Habit Burger Grill has announced that it will open a 3rd location in Henderson in late summer. The restaurant will feature 117 seats, including inside and on a patio. Approximately 40 new jobs will be created to staff the restaurant. Habit Burger Grill is known for its charburger, which is cooked over an open flame for extra flavor. Menu also includes a chicken sandwich, tri-tip steak sandwich, tuna filet sandwich, veggie burger, salads, fries, onion rings, and tempura green beans. The new restaurant will be located at 543 N. Stephanie St.
3. The Beat Coffeehouse & Records will close later this year to make way for Eureka!, a California-based eatery chain. The new restaurant will bring 100 jobs to downtown Las Vegas. The chain has 17 locations in California, one in Texas and one in Washington. The restaurant's menu includes choices such as a bone marrow burger, bison burger, veggie beet burger, fig burger, turkey tortilla burger, fried chicken sliders, lobster tacos, a variety of salads and more. Eureka! is also known for its craft beers, small-batch whiskey, televised sports and live music in other locations.
4. NOVE Italiano at The Palms is offering a seasonal summer menu featuring summer-inspired appetizers, soups, homemade pasta and new signature dishes. Some of the new items include a fresh fruit and cheese board ($16), seared potato ravioli ($16), fregola seafood "paella style" ($38), 12-ounce grilled bone-in swordfish steak ($42), Nonna's pulled chicken risotto ($14) and Passion of Panna Cotta dessert ($14).
5. The Summer Vibes menu at the Chart House inside the Golden Nugget features Ssamjang shrimp (appetizer), a grilled watermelon and feta salad, Cuban-spiced scallops and shrimp with a boniato mash and sofrito relis, citrus ginger-spiced swordfish with passion fruit sauce and hearts of palm salad, King salmon with summer succotash and a S'mores creme brulee for dessert.
6. Elixir has introduced an impressive list of new summer menu items, including spinach artichoke dip bread bowl, goat cheese dip, watermelon salad, a chicken finger wrap, prime rib dip, buffalo chicken sandwich, jambalaya, Greek chicken and shrimp tacos.
7. Bonefish Grill has several new seasonal menu items, including hand-cut simply-grilled wild salmon, fresh Rockfish with citrus aioli and shrimp topping, and dayboat scallops -- sushi grade George’s Bank scallops on a bed of creamy corn risotto topped with crispy bacon, lemon butter drizzle and green beans. The restaurant is also serving Kate's wild North Atlantic haddock and seasonal cocktails such as the strawberry Rose martini and fresh watermelon martini.
8. Cantina Laredo on Rampart Boulevard has introduced three new drinks to keep guests cool this summer. The recently introduced cocktails include the Smoke & Fire Mule, featuring Montelobos Mezcal Joven, fresh lime juice, agave nectar and ginger beer, dressed with an orange slice and cinnamon stick ($12). Guests can also enjoy the Smoked Peach Mule, made with Montelobos Mezcal Joven, Deep Eddy Peach Vodka, lemon juice and ginger beer ($12). A Desert Peach Mojito, featuring Don Q Cristal Rum, fresh mint, squeezed lime and Desert Pear syrup ($10.25).
9. Shake Shack in Downtown Summerlin and at the New York-New York hotel-casino has added 2 beverages to its offering this summer. Beginning July 1, Shack Fans can get their hands on the new Raspberry Limeade ($2.80 small/$3.55 large) and the cool Shack Shandy, a refreshing blend of ShackMeister® Ale and Shack-made Lemonade that’s perfect for summer ($6.50 for 16oz, $12.00 for a 32oz Roadie, $23.00 for a 64oz pitcher).
10. Border Grill in The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace doesn't believe that you can only eat tacos on Tuesdays. The restaurant has introduced Monday Madness, which is an all-day celebration serving up some of the best unlimited fresh street tacos and pitchers of award-winning margaritas. For just $20 per person, you can chow down on tacos including Citrus Grilled Chicken, Carnitas, Seasonal Veggie and Ensenada Fish. To wash it all down, order a pitcher of Border Grill's famous Blanco Margarita made with blanco tequila, fresh-squeezed lime juice and organic agave nectar for an additional $20. Monday Madness takes place in the cantina at Border Grill. Space is limited, reservations encouraged.
11. BRIO Tuscan Grille at Tivoli Village and Town Square is offering The Art of Grilling three-course prix fixe menu through Aug. 28. The seasonal offering is available after 4 p.m. daily. Menu choices include chopped salad, a lettuce wedge with gorgonzola cheese and crispy bacon, lobster bisque, beef medallion with black pepper shrimp, Tuscan grilled pork chops, Sicilian cauliflower, Yukon gold mashed potatoes, and roasted strawberry shortcake. To complement these Italian dishes, BRIO recommends the following wine pairings: True Grit Cabernet Sauvignon and Parducci Small Lot Chardonnay available for$10.95 and $9.95 a glass, respectively.
12. Four Peaks Brewing has announced that it is expanding outside of Arizona to Nevada for the first time in its 20-year history. Las Vegas and the surrounding area will be the first to welcome the award-winning Kilt Lifter Scottish-style Ale, Hop Knot IPA and Peach Ale to its bars, restaurants, casinos, grocery chains, and convenience stores starting July 11, 2016. Plans for further expansion of other Four Peaks brands to the Las Vegas market are in the works. There will be a series of events beginning July 11 in the Las Vegas area to help kick off sales. Check their Facebook page for info.
13. The Grand Lux Cafe at The Palazzo is now offering an international boutique express lunch buffet. Guests can choose from 40 offerings including Grand Lux classics such as chicken and shrimp jambalaya, spicy ginger beef, miso salmon, chicken picatta, southwestern chicken salad, Mediterranean salad, chicken pot pies, house-made soups, deli meats, a pasta bar, omelet station and mini dessert favorites from key lime pie to crème brulee. Coffee, iced tea and fountain sodas are also included. The cost is $24.95 per person and available daily from 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
If you would like to submit restaurant news to be used in 13 Things, send an email to email@example.com.