Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Oscar's steakhouse at The Plaza is celebrating summer with new cocktails, a Happy Hour gourmet burger and early-bird menu. Four cocktails have been added to the menu and the special RICO burger features an all-beef, half-pound patty, brioche bum, Muenster cheese, tomato chutney, crispy onions, spicy pickles, arugula and smoked bacon. Cost is $20 and includes a domestic beer. The early-bird menu will be available beginning June 1. The special menu will feature roasted prime rib with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, veggies, au jus and creamy horseradish sauce.
2. The Burger Lounge is now open at Aria. the menu selections will offer non-GMO and sustainable ingredients including grass-fed beef, organic cheeses and house-made dressings. Menu highlights include a grass-fed lamb burger with Asadero cheese and jalapeno relish, an organic quinoa veggie burger, pan-frield Alaskan cod, chicken digglers, organic salads and half salads, French fries and onion rings, and handcrafted sodas.
3. Border Grill at Mandalay Bay continues its monthly patio series with Tour of Tequilas on May 19. Chef Jamaal Taherzadeh's sustainable modern Mexican cuisine will be paired with five specially selected Avion tequilas, which has been referred to as the world's best tasting tequila. Menu items include charred mackerel crudo with watermelon, Valencia-style cauliflower, Wagyu short ribs, and churro ice cream. Tickets are limited. $49 per person.
4. Construction is complete on Beerhaus at the Park. The bar, which also serves food, offers patrons a constantly changing beer list featuring several local brews. Menu highlights include a spit-roast pork sandwich, slow-roasted shaved beef sandwich, porchetta, a beer brat served on rolls made by a local bakery, hand-cut fries and pretzels with beer cheese dip (a must try!) and a dessert titled Bye Felicia! The venue can seat 450 guests inside and on its patio and offers patrons a variety of bar games, including Jenga, Connect Four, checkers and chess, ping pong, shuffleboard and many more games to come.
5. Sin City Brewing Co. is celebrating Spring with a new craft beer, Sin City Spring Bock. This German-style beer is the 2016 spring edition in Sin City’s seasonal beer program. Spring Bock is on tap at the brewery’s largest location on Las Vegas Boulevard at Harmon Corner and its bar in the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian. Bock-style beers can be traced all the way back to the medieval days when it was made for monasteries during times of fasting. Throughout history, the bock has been a symbol of better times to come and moving away from winter.
6. Lupo by Wolfgang Puck at Mandalay Bay has introduced a new Happy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. daily. Menu items include bruschetta, fritto misto, pizzetta bianca, piatto di salumi and more. Specials on beverage items include our Wolfgang Puck wines, draft beers, select Italian wines and specialty cocktails. All food and drink offerings are under $10.
7. The Lounge at Lakeside Seafood & Steak at Wynn Las Vegas has also introduced a new Happy Hour. Menu highlights include housemade poke, charred octopus with pickled daikon, pork belly with white Sugarloaf pineapple, Hawaiian fish and chips, Wagyu short rib loco moco, and East and West coast oysters. Happy Hour takes place from 5:30 to 7 p.m. daily.
8. The Las Vegas Epicurean Affair returns to The Palazzo on May 26. The event features nearly 80 of the finest restaurants/nightclubs from around the city. Participants include AquaKnox, B&B Ristorante, B&B Burger & Beer, Carlo's Bakery, Carnevino Italian Steakhouse, db Brasserie, Delmonico Steakhouse, Hong Kong Café, Lagasse's Stadium, Lavo Italian Restaurant, Morels French Steakhouse & Bistro, OTTO Enoteca Pizzeria, Public House, SUSHISAMBA, Table 10, and Tao Asian Bistro, to name a few. Tickets start at $110.
9. Restaurant Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace is celebrating 10 years with an anniversary menu and the opening of Brioche by Guy Savoy. The 5-course anniversary menu is available through May 31. The menu features "Golden" Osteria Caviar, roasted turbot, Savoy's famous artichoke and black truffle soup, veal chop, and a refreshing strawberry dessert. Cost is $300. Brioche by Guy Savoy is a quick-service space, similar to his successful brioche concept in Paris.
10. If you rather stay at home and eat, Grubhub has announced several new partnerships in the Las Vegas valley. GrubHub is now delivering food from Jessie Rae's BBQ, Truffles and Baco, Amore Taste of Chicago, Itsy Bitsy Ramen and Whisky and The Perch. They also recently announced relationships with national chain restaurants including California Pizza Kitchen, Johnny Rocket's, Buca di Beppo and Panda Express.
11. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is introducing its summer lineup of beverages on May 16 and will celebrate their arrival with an open house from 2 to 6 p.m. May 24 with a special $2 offer at participating locations. Drinks include the cookies and cream ice blended, mint chip ice blended and salted pistachio ice blended.
12. Eggslut, which is much loved by the residents of Los Angeles, is opening June 10 at The Cosmopolitan. The menu is a balance of comfort and innovation with unique twists on breakfast sandwich favorites. Menu favorites include The Slut, a coddled egg on top of smooth potato puree, cooked in a glass jar topped with gray salta and chives and served with slices of baguette; a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich; and Gaucho Sandwich with seared Wagyu tri-tip steak.
13. Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas is currently offering two intimate and completely unique wine/spirits experiences with Master Sommelier Will Costello and property mixologist Michael laPenna. Mixologist in the Making takes place 3 to 4 p.m. Saturdays. Learn basic skills and master new ones. Sips with a Master Sommelier takes place 4 to 5 p.m. Saturdays. Attendees will learn the art of blind tasting and more. Cost is $50 per person, per class.
If you would like to submit an item for this column, send a press release to email@example.com.