The following is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Ferraro's Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar is offering 7 variations on the classic Negroni cocktail in honor of Negroni Week from June 6 to 12. Throughout the week, 25 percent of the price of each Negroni cocktail sold will be donated to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Cocktails are priced at $14 each. The Venetian and The Palazzo Las Vegas are also participating. Participating bars and restaurants include Bellini Bar, Fusion Mixology Bar, Laguna Champagne Bar, Very Venice Bar, Emeril Lagasse's Delmonico and Table 10 and Canaletto Ristorante. Proceeds will benefit various charities.
2. Alize at the Top of the Palms will present the city's first tea pairing dinner hosted by Barbara Fairchild, former editor-in-chief for Bon Appetit, on June 16. This will be the night that gourmet French cuisine meets the delicate flavors of teas. Executive Chef Mark Purdy and his team are partnering with Seven Cups Fine Teas, a top tea purveyor, to create this one-night-only experience. In addition to hosting the event, Fairchild will be awarding people in the tea industry who have contributed work for establishing standards for tea quality over the past year. Cost is $225 per person. VIP cocktail reception begins at 6 p.m.
3. Pizza Rock in downtown Las Vegas is inviting everyone to try Chef Tony's award-winning margherita pizza for free (with minimum $20 purchase) on June 13 in honor of St. Anthony's Day. Only 73 pizzas will be available. First come, first serve.
4. Carnevino Italian Steakhouse at The Palazzo has introduced several new dishes, including lamb sausage with sorrel, pickled garlic and pea tendrils; mussels with peas and prosciutto; duck egg with aspargus, radish and sorrel; stracciatella with lonza, peas and mint; butter lettuce with spring vegetables and herb vinaigrette; artichoke agnolotti; gnocchi with green garlic pesto and peas; wild Gulf shrimp; Fiddlehead ferns and more.
5. Three restaurants at SLS Las Vegas have revealed new summer menus. Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres is offering the signature tasting experience for $75 per person with a $25 wine pairing. The menu features cotton candy foie gras, super-giant pork-skin chicharrón, gazpacho shots, skirt steak, butifarra spiral, Robuchon potatoes and setas al ajillo, with cream puffs, assorted tarts and little cakes to finish. Katsuya, known for its innovative take on Japanese cuisine, is offering a four-course dinner for $45 per person with a $35 sake pairing. Cleo’s summer menu offers guests a variety of dishes from Chef Danny Elmaleh’s acclaimed contemporary Mediterranean menu. A four-course dinner is $35 with a $20 wine pairing available.
6. Itsy Bitsy Ramen and Whisky in downtown Las Vegas has introduced 7 new summer menu items. They include a duo of cold noodle dishes -- zaru soba featuring buckwheat noodles and hiyashi chukka ramen, which is a cold ramen noodle salad. New items also include the menchi katsu burger, chicken katsu sandwich, sushi burrito, seared tuna salad and chicken katsu ramen.
7. The strawberry yogurt parfait at MOzen Bistro on the third floor of Mandarin Oriental is quickly building a reputation as the must-have brunch item. The parfait features layers of homemade vanilla yogurt, citrus granola, nuts and fresh strawberries. It is topped with pistachio yogurt.
8. Rick's Rolling Smoke BBQ & Tavern at Pawn Plaza will be offering several specials during the month. Locals can enjoy $2 PBR drafts all month long. On National Iced Tea Day (June 10), enjoy $7 Long Island Iced Teas, Tokyo Tea and Electric Tea. Celebrate dad with $5 craft drafts, $2 PBR drafts and $5 Not Your Father's Root Beer on June 19 (Father's Day).
9. Sushi Roku at the Forum Shops is also offering a special summer menu through Aug 31. The three-course prixe fixe menu is $49 per person. The menu includes choice of tuna carpaccio and yellowtail sashimi or beef rib-eye wrapped asparagus; choice of beef medallion and spicy jumbo shrimp or an assortment of sushi; and a mini volcano cake for dessert. Locals receive 20 percent off all year upon request and with a valid ID. The restaurant is also celebrating International Sushi Day on June 18.
10. Zenshin at the South Point offers guests a daily happy hour special featuring a 50 percent discount on select items from 2 to 6 p.m. In addition, Zenshin offers a reverse happy hour Friday and Saturday from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Sunday through Thursday from 9 to 11 p.m. Beers are $4, cocktails re $7 and wine is $5.50. Menu items include edamame for $3, seaweed salad for $4, tempura onion rings for $4, steam shrimp shumai for $5 and fried oysters for $5. Guests can also select from a variety of specially priced sushi rolls and pizza.
11. Grimaldi’s Pizzeria is starting the summer off right with the return of Tuesday Tastings. Every Tuesday, all summer long, the pizzeria offers guests half-off all glasses, carafes and bottles of wine, as well as half-off glasses of sangria. Wine lovers can take advantage of the special starting June 6 through the end of September. Promotion excludes Grimaldi’s house wine and is not valid with other offers.
12. Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar in Summerlin will debut a new summer menu on June 9. Summer menu items include ceviche and chips, summer squash and bacon pizza, grilled portobello burger, BBQ bison meatloaf, slow-cooked tomato soup,. grilled cheese sticks and slow-cooked tomato soup (lunch only), strawberry French toast, key lime cheesecake, and peach crumble. New drinks include summer watermelon margarita, peaches and moonshine and the smoke, shine and sour drink.
13. B&B Burger & Beer at The Venetian has launched a new patio menu. The new menu features both dishes showcasing Mario Batali and his team's playful interpretation of classic American fare. Menu items include Disco Fries D'Giorno, the Drive Thru Slider, shishito peppers with romesco, chicken wings served with bleu cheese and hot sauce, hummus with pita bread and pigs in a blanket. As for cocktails, guests can order draft and can beers for $5 each. The menu is available from 4 to 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. to midnight on the patio exclusively until the day after Labor Day.
If you would like to submit an item for publication, send a press release to email@example.com.