Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. National French Toast Day is Nov. 28 and Rise & Shine has several French Toast options. The menu includes the Bacon & Egg-in-the-Hole French Toast, the Crunchy Cinnamon Raisin French Toast and last but certainly not least, the Peanut Butter & Blueberry French Toast! There are two locations in the valley.
2. Public School 702 has introduced a new winter cocktail named Winter Break. The fun eggnog cocktail features spiced rum, heavy whipping cream, Licor 43, cinnamon maple syrup and egg white. It is served in a martini glass and garnished with a dusting of ground cinnamon.
3. Cabo Wabo Cantina offers several tasty breakfast items. The breakfast Quesadilla is made with scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, pico de gallo and cheddar and jack cheese served in a flour tortilla ($11.95). The HBLT breakfast sandwich features layers of ham, bacon, lettuce and tomato and is topped with 2 fried eggs on thick brioche toast ($11.95). Cabo Wabo also offers bottomless mimosas and Bellinis for $24.95.
4. Buddy V's Ristorante at The Venetian is now offering a $40 prix-fixe menu. The menu features choice of two types of salad, tomato and basil soup or Grandma's meatballs; chicken parm, grilled salmon, orecchiette and Italian sausage, bucatini carbonara or steak pizzaiola; and choice of cannoli or tiramisu.
5. Standard & Pour has added some new items to its menu for the season. They include snow crab fondue (artichoke, spinach, parmesan); seafood ceviche (avocado, radish, plantain chips); true north salmon (spiced creamed kale, almond relish); baked rigatoni (bolognese, bechamel, crispy basil) and Angus NY strip; to name a few.
6. The Hard Rock Cafe on the Las Vegas Strip is offering a half-pound, Certified Angus Beef® patty topped with Heineken®-braised brisket, caramelized BBQ onions, garlic aioli and Gouda cheese through Jan. 29 for $18.95. They are also featuring several cocktails for the season, including 2 that benefit the Hard Rock Heals Foundation. Some of the new cocktails include Bourbon Milk Punch, Pineapple Sage Rita, Maria Sangria and Angelo's Passion.
7. Rx Boiler Room and Westland Distillery are hosting the Westland Whiskey Dinner on Dec. 10 at Rx Boiler Room at Mandalay Bay. Guests will enjoy a welcome cocktail and passed appetizers, a whiskey inspired four-course menu by Chef Rick Moonen and pairings to go with each course. Cost is $75 per person.
8. Holsteins Shakes and Buns at The Cosmopolitan are celebrating the holidays with the Candy Cane Bam-Boozled Shake. Made with a festive combination of vanilla ice cream, Peppermint Schnapps and crushed candy canes topped with peppermint glaze, vanilla frosting and whipped cream, this holiday shake will have you feeling merry and bright (and a little bit buzzed!).
9. A special wine-pairing dinner at Ferraro's Italian Restaurant will feature selections from La Spinetta’s Tuscany and Piedmont wineries paired with authentic and imaginative Italian fare featuring white truffles prepared by Chef Francesco DiCaudo. Tickets for the Tartufi e La Spinetta are $250 per person and very limited seating is available. To make reservations for this one-night-only event, please call (702) 364-5300.
10. Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken in Downtown Summerlin is now available via Uber Eats and Postmates in Las Vegas. Delivery suggestions include The Bird (2 breasts, 2 whole wings, 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs with large fries & large cole slaw). Or, indulge in a decadent dinner that includes the fried chicken sandwich with Blue Ribbon special sauce and Fries With The Works (aged cheddar, smoked bacon & sour cream).
11. A new restaurant is opening this winter inside JW Marriott Las Vegas. Hawthorn Grill's menu will feature crave-worthy steakhouse fare and American classics and an extensive wine and cocktail program. Chef Joseph Swan, formerly of the Eiffel Tower Restaurant, will oversee the kitchen as executive room chef, Christian Umlauf will serve as general manager having also come from The Strip at db Brasserie, and JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa’s Executive Pastry Chef Jeremy Choo will oversee the sweet side of Hawthorn Grill.
12. If you are looking for a healthy option, check out one of Bowlology's four locations in the valley. They serve a variety of poke bowls, acai bowls, salads, smoothies, juices and coffee. The Bear Acai Bowl features acai, strawberries, banana, vanilla whey protein, peanut butter and chocolate almond milk. It is topped with granola, strawberries, banana, blueberries, dark chocolate chips, almonds and honey. The OG Poke Bowl features rice topped with seaweed salad, Hawaiian sea salt, shoyu sauce and marinated ahi tuna. Bowls range in price from $6.99 to $10.99.
13. db Brasserie inside The Venetian has a Fall menu. Highlights include the roasted heirloom beets (Greek yogurt, blood orange, toasted hazelnuts, white balsamic vinegar), tiger prawn linguine, roasted butternut squash soup, vegetarian herbed gnocchi (butternut squash purée, roasted maitake mushrooms, Tuscan kale, toasted hazelnuts), a choclate sundae and St. Germain's Key Lime (key lime mousse, pomegranate gelée, toasted meringue, St. Germain Granita, honey bisquit). Locals receive a 30 percent discount through Dec. 30 (except during Happy Hour).
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.