Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news in the Las Vegas valley:
1. The legendary Du-Par's Restaurant & Bakery has opened a new location at Suncoast hotel-casino. Du-Par's is famous for its old-fashioned buttermilk pancakes, award-winning fruit pies, fresh-ground hamburgers and delicious shrimp cocktails. Du-Par's is Southern California's most established and legendary diner brand.
2. The Yardbird is celebrating National BLT Month with a distinctly different take on the classic all-American favorite. Yardbird’s Fried Green Tomato BLT is a salute to Southern flavors with house smoked pork belly, smoky tomato jam, frisee, pimento cheese, and pickled lemon vinaigrette. Cost is $14.
3. Dog Haus Vegas offers several Happy Hour specials from 3 to 6 p.m. weekdays and 1 to 4 a.m. daily. Burger, hot dog and corn dog sliders, as well as fries and tater tots, are available for $1.25 each. Drink specials include two-for-one craft beers and red and white Haus wine. The California-based restaurant is known for its gourmet hot dogs, sausages, burgers, and one-of-a-kind creations.
4. Davidoff Cigar Bar located on the Fashion Show Plaza has introduced a new Happy Hour promotion. All alcoholic beverages are buy-one-get-one free with rotating cigar promotions from 6 to 8 p.m. every day. Davidoff features a walk-in humidor filled with hundreds of varieties of premium cigars, a unique full-service premium bar, and a 50-seat patio offering fabulous views of the Las Vegas Strip.
5. Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres at SLS Las Vegas is hosting the Gil Family Estate Wine Dinner with an exclusive 5-course dinner pairing ripe, rich and decadent wines with signature Bazaar Meat dishes by executive chef David Thomas. Wine connoisseurs can sip on crisp whites, fruit forward reds and enjoy bold and adventures flavors from the Gil Family Estates exclusive 100th anniversary Vintage wine collection. Cost is $165 per person.
6. The Flame Broiler, known for serving simple, healthy food on the go, has added organic charbroiled tofu to its menu. To celebrate, the first 100 people inside The Flame Broiler's Las Vegas restaurant on April 28 will receive a free mini tofu bowl. Starting at only 140 calories, guests can choose a base of white or brown rice or can forgo rice altogether and opt for all vegetables which is topped with charbroiled organic and firm tofu!
7. The Habit Burger Grill on Hughes Center Drive serves more than just burgers. The Super Food Salad is a colorful new dish filled with a variety of flavors and packed with nutrition-rich produce and lean protein. The salad features marinated chicken breast, tender baby kale, tri-colored quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, dried cranberries, slivered almonds and feta cheese. The limited special is available now through May for just $7.95. In other news, HBG is opening its 2nd location on Blue Diamon Road this summer.
8. OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria is celebrating its 9th birthday on April 25 with two specials: a collection of three samplings from their antipasti/vendure menu for $9 during lunch and a tasting for two for $99 during dinner. In addition, the restaurant will offer the refreshing Venetian spritz cocktail for $9 throughout April.
9. Nacho Daddy introduced some new menu items in April. They include Cadillac shrimp ($10), a crispy chicken sandwich ($11), lobster and crab nachos ($24) and loaded vegan nachos ($13). In addition, a spicy cucumber margarita is now being served from the bar ($11). Nacho Daddy also added tamales and combination plates.
10. GIADA at The Cromwell has expanded brunch to Fridays, in addition to Saturdays and Sundays. Guests can choose the carefully crated tasting menu for $45, which includes an assortment of pastries, an antipasti platter, an entree and a dessert selection or they can order brunch favorites such as the Italian chicken & waffle or sunrise polenta waffle a la carte. Limitless La Marca mimosas are available for $40. Or guests can order classic Bloody Marys, sangria, bellinis and more.
11. Carson Kitchen in downtown Las Vegas has some new seasonal dishes. They include hot ousters, cheesesteak pierogi with homemade cheese wiz, beef belly sliders, blackened catfish sandwich, lamb chops or a rhubarb sorbet. New cocktails include the Daaaammmnn Daniel!, the Super Tuesday with BarSol Pisco, Angry Tony. First Saturday in may and 68 + 1 with Woody Creek Potato Gin.
12. Cabo Mexican Restaurant at Boulder Station has unveiled an all-new Menudo Sunday Brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Sunday. Highlights include bottomless bowl of menudo, huevos rancheros, tacos, camarones and more. Drink specials include $4 Michaladas, $5 margaritas and $10 buckets of Coronitas.
13. Garduno's of Mexico at Fiesto Rancho is offering Sangria at Sundown daily starting at 4 p.m. Guests are invited to imbibe with refreshing sangria specials such as red or white Watermelon Sangria (choice of pitcher $22 or per glass $5). In addition, every Friday and Saturday, guests can enjoy live entertainment starting at 8 p.m.
Send restaurant news to firstname.lastname@example.org.