Here is a list of 13 things to do in the Las Vegas valley for Sept. 13-19:
1. For one night only, the Hofbrauhaus will become the Doghaus as it welcomes dog whisperer Cesar Millan as the first celebrity keg tapper of the Oktoberfest season. Milan's show "Cesar Millan -- My Story: Unleashed" is also opening in the David Copperfield Theater inside MGM Grand on Sept. 13.
2. OneRepublic is performing Sept. 13 in the Pearl Concert Theater at The Palms hotel-casino. The band released their debut set Dreaming Out Loud in 2007. OneRepublic, is comprised of singer/songwriter and lead vocalist Ryan Tedder, guitarists Zach Filkins and Drew Brown, bassist and cellist Brent Kutzle, and drummer Eddie Fisher.
3. Multiple tattoo shops in the Las Vegas valley will be offering tattoos for a total of $20 ($13 tattoo plus $7 tip) on Friday the 13th, including Rock N Roll Tattoo on Boulder Highway. There will also have free food and drinks available for those waiting for a tattoo.
4. Lucha VaVOOM will kick off Mexican Independence Day Weekend at Brooklyn Bowl on Sept. 13. Historically a major fight weekend in the city, Brooklyn Bowl will play host to the only fight in town. Drew Carey will be the celebrity MC for the show and The Delta Bombers will also perform.
5. It's a big weekend at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway . All of your favorite drivers, including local brothers Kyle and Kurt Busch, will be racing under the lights. This weekend's races include South Point 400 and World of Westgate 200.
6. The third annual Sin City Horror Fest kicks off Sept. 13 inside Brendan Theatres at the Palms hotel-caisno. Sin City Horror Fest was founded by friends and fellow filmmakers Mike Lenzini, Darren Flores, Drew Marvick, Clay Lake, and Justin Bergonzoni. Weekend badges and day passes are available.
7. Reptile fans will want to check out the Reptilian Nation Expo at Texas Station. There will be thousands of reptiles, amphibians and supplies available. The expo is fun for the whole family.
8. The Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park is hosting an adobe brick demonstration on Sept. 14. Join a ranger and learn the basics of how to build adobe bricks using dirt, sand, dried vegetation, and water, just like the pioneers did. All ages are welcome. The demonstration is happening 10 a.m. to noon.
9. The next public program at The Mob Museum is "Science of Crime: Drug Chemistry" on Sept. 14. A forensic scientist from the Chemistry Detail of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Forensic Laboratory will discuss the basic concept of what a “drug” is, the different drug classes and how unknown samples are recovered and tested in the laboratory to determine their composition. The presentation will cover the analysis of trace materials and include arson analysis, physical matches and complete unknowns.
10. The Henderson Pavilion is offering residents a taste of the islands on Sept. 14. The event features food from the Islands and activities including “ax” throwing, kakamora bowling, tiki torch ring toss, and Hula hoop practice and contest. The event will include a lei-making station and a photo opportunity with a Moana look-alike. There will also be a showing of the 2016 Disney classic "Moana."
11. The Animazing Gallery at the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian will host "Superstars: Icons of the DC Universe" by Olivia De Berardinis beginning Sept. 14. The exhibition features an assembly of fan-favorite Olivia paintings in a never-before-seen format. The Dazzling Diamond Dust Fine Art Prints feature powerful female icons of pop culture cinema, namely the women of the DC Films universe.
12. There's still time to catch performances of "The 25th annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" at Las Vegas Little Theatre. The musical is about an eclectic group of 6 kids competing in a spelling championship. Six spellers enter but only one will leave. At least the losers get a juice box. There are performances scheduled through Sept. 22.
13. Mezzo Bistro & Wine is hosting a murder mystery dinner on Sept. 17. Attendees are invited to wear their best 1960s attire and attend the wedding of Jewel Hogget and Roger Windsor. Enjoy a three-course dinner and show for just $39 per person plus.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR SOUTH POINT HOTEL & CASINO
If you are a fan of the Beach Boys, you don't want to miss "Good Vibrations: A Celebration of the Beach Boys" on Sept. 13, 14 and 15. Cast members include members from founding Beach Boys' Brian Wilson and Al Jardine's respective touring bands.
If you would like to submit an item to 13 Things, send a press release to email@example.com.