Here is a list of 13 things to do around the Las Vegas valley for the week of Oct. 18 through 24:
1. The 2nd annual Hockey has A HeART charity hockey game is happening Oct. 18 at City National Arena. The event is a fundraiser for Project Imagine. Puck drops at 5:20 p.m. Special guest appearance by Chance with the Vegas Golden Knights. Silent auction and raffle.
2. Margaritaville Las Vegas is hosting its annual pre-concert pool party at Flamingo Las Vegas' GO Pool Dayclub on Oct. 18 to coincide with Jimmy Buffet's concert on Oct. 19. There will be an exclusive performance by Mishka. The all-day pool party starts at 11 a.m. and admission is free.
3. The annual Las Vegas Book Festival is happening this weekend at the historic Fifth Street School. There will a book sale, book signings, workshops, cooking demos and special events.
4. Vegas Urban Pride is happening this weekend. The lineup includes parties, fashion, entertainment, celebrities and their annual charity basketball game. The Jim Beam Black Meet & Greet Pool Party is happening Oct. 18 at the OYO hotel-casino, the Sweetest Day Party is on Oct. 19 at the Hard Rock Cafe, and the basketball game is on Sunday at Democracy Prep.
5. The annual Downtown Brew Festival is happening Saturday at the Clark County Government Center. Sample 200 craft beers from 65 breweries, enjoy great food and enjoy live entertainment.
6. The 8th annual Spotlight Spectacular is taking place at Texas Station on Oct. 19. 100 exhibitors, community resources, wellness checks, live entertainment, free food and more. It's Southern Nevada's largest health, lifestyle and entertainment extravaganza.
7. The 2019 Monster Energy Cup is back at Sam Boyd Stadium on Oct. 19. This year’s event will feature two different start gates (inside and outside) and three different starts (inside left, inside right, outside left), the third of which will have the athletes racing the track backwards.
8. The Dinosaur Ball is happening Saturday night at Red Rock Resort. The annual fundraiser for the Las Vegas Natural History Museum is being hosted by Jeff Civillico and will feature a performance by Broadway star Travis Cloer. There will also be delicious food.
9. "Motor City Night: A Tribute to The Temptations, The Supremes & Stevie Wonder" is a one-of-a-kind show featuring some of the best tribute artists in the country on Oct. 19 at The M Resort. Relive a great time in American music history.
10. The Las Vegas Jazz Society is inviting the public to its annual jazz picnic on the back lawn of the Winchester Dondero Cultural Center on Oct. 20. Performing will be the Tom Hall 'Simply Bop Septet', the Patrick Hogan Quartet, Michael Nugent, Charles McNeal and the Green Valley High School Band.
11. The Sahara Las Vegas is hosting Bazaar on the Roof by Chef Jose Andres on Oct. 24. Sample award-winning food and wine, check out the special carving starving, and enjoy performances by the cast of "Blanc de Blanc."
12. The Oktoberfest celebrations continue at Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas with celebrity keg tappers on Oct. 18 (The Chippendales) and Oct. 19 (Zowie Bowie). There will also be stein-holding contests, live entertainment, bar games, prizes and more.
13. The Downtown Grand has a new comedy show. See Leslie McKinney's "PRESTO!" every Wednesday through Sunday in The Spare Room. Experience magic and mystery with a vintage Vegas flair. Appropriate for all ages.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONOR SOUTH POINT HOTEL, CASINO & SPA
Christopher Titus hosts a night of standup comedy in the South Point Showroom and will have audiences rolling with laughter with his hilariously dark jokes. Titus has gained international fame after being named “TV’s most original comic voice since Seinfeld,” by Newsday. Guests will hear jokes that mostly stem from his own personal life, including dealings with his dysfunctional family and more. Show is at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 18-20.