Here is a list of 13 things to do this week for the week of Nov. 1-7:
1. The annual Day of the Dead celebrations are happening around the valley this weekend and one of the biggest is the one at Springs Preserve. The 3-day event features live theater and dance, altars, mariachis, face painting, sugar skulls, traditional foods and more.
2. One of the oldest Day of the Dead celebrations in the valley is happening at the Winchester Dondero Cultural Center on Nov. 1 and 2. This will be the 19th year of honoring the dead and mocking death at the cultural center. There will be ofrendas, entertainment and food and drink.
3. This month's First Friday is all about the balance that women bring to our lives. Families are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes one last time.
4. The Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival is back for its 12th year at the Clark County Library on Saturday. There will be creators and publishers, vendors, film screenings and special guests.
5. Day N Vegas at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds will feature performances by J. Cole, Travis Scott, Kendrick Lamar and more.
6. Eataly Las Vegas is hosting a wine and cheese festival on Nov. 1. Guests can enjoy unlimited tastings of high-quality Italian favorites from 5 to 9 p.m. There will be 10 stations throughout the marketplace. GA and VIP tickets available.
7. The Las Vegas Philharmonic is presenting "The Music of Danny Elfman" on Nov. 2 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. Elfman was the composer for many of Tim Burton's movies, including "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Alice in Wonderland."
8. Lee Canyon's 4th annual Pray For Snow party is happening Nov. 2 at Skye Center. The free, all-ages ski-themed celebration includes food and beverages, live music from Rein, a vendor village, and cool giveaways.
9. Guns N' Roses is bringing its Not In This Lifetime Tour to The Colosseum at Caesars Palace on Nov. 1 and 2. Axl, Slash and Duff reunited for the tour in 2016 and have performed more than 150 shows worldwide.
10. One of Las Vegas' favorite holiday traditions begins Nov. 5. The lighting ceremony for Ethel M Chocolates Holiday Cactus Garden starts at 5 p.m. There will be music, singing, lights and Santa Claus. Three Square food bank will be accepting non-perishable food donations.
11. The Great American Foodie Fest kicks off Nov. 7 at the M Resort. The event will feature dozens of food trucks and entertainment. Admission is free for the first time.
12. Madonna is bring her Madame X Tour to The Colosseum at Caesars Palace on Nov. 7, 8 and 9. The tour features songs from her new studio album, including "I Rise" and "Medellin."
13. Vegas City Opera is partnering with the Artisan Hotel to present Las Vegas' first immersive opera production, "The Face on the Barroom Floor by Henry Mollicone." With jazz, blue-grass, and country influences the show brings to life the story around the famous painting in the Teller House Bar. Performances on Nov. 7, 8 and 9.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR SOUTH POINT HOTEL-CASINO
South Point Hotel welcomes American-Honduran comedian Carlos Mencia to the South Point Showroom. The evening will feature Mencia’s signature comedy stand-up focusing on politics and issues dealing with race, culture, criminal justice and social class. Mencia is best known as the host for Comedy Central’s show “Mind of Menica.”
If you would like to submit an item for 13 things, please send an email with details and photos or video to firstname.lastname@example.org.