Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of June 14 through 20:
1. Slater's 50/50 will be hosting 21st Amendment Brewery's exclusive launch party for the 2019 release of "There's Money in The Coconut Banana Stout." It's an Imperial Milk Stout at 8% ABV and 24 IBUs that tastes creamy, roasty and malty with hints of chocolate and banana. The launch party is happening 6 to 9 p.m. June 14.
2. The 9th annual Juneteenth Jazz, Arts and Spoken Word Celebration is taking place June 15 at West Las Vegas Library. Spend the day celebrating the spiritual essence of freedom and education on the resiliency of a people, whose lives continue to be the creative catalyst of Juneteenth Independence Day.
3. London's West End hit "Potted Potter: The Unauthorized Harry Experience -- A Pardy by Dan and Jeff" made its Las Vegas debut June 4 in the Windows Showroom at Bally's Las Vegas. It's the perfect show for muggles, witches and wizards of all ages. The show includes all your favorite characters, perfect Potter props, and even a live Quidditch match!
4. If you are looking for a way to cool off this weekend, check out the Flowrider at Planet Hollywood . It is the Strip's first and only stand-alone wave machine. Professional wave riders and novices alike can hang ten and test their talents in a safe environment.
Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con
is back in town this weekend. Special guests this year include Sean Astin, Asher Angel, Jason David Frank and Amy Jo Johnson. There are multiple vendor and artists and autograph signings.
6. Market in the Alley has new night hours starting this week. This month's theme is Downtown Vibes. There will be workshops for kids, fresh produce and locally-made goods, music, arts and more. The new hours are 6 to 10 p.m. June 15.
7. Top Rank presents a heavyweight battle between Tyson Fury and Tom Schwarz on June 15 at MGM Grand Arena. Fury is defending his title as the lineal heavyweight champion. Fury defeated Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015 to win the crown. Schwartz is also unbeaten.
8. ReBar is hosting a tiki-themed event on June 15. Bands include Los Shadows, The Hideaway and Luxury Furniture Store. Artists include Fata Morgana, Jade Vadillo, Ricardo Limones and Sophia Arredndo.
9. Comedian Adam Sandler is performing June 15 in The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan. Sandler is an actor, writer, producer and musician. His films have grossed more than $3 billion worldwide. Sandler previously headlined at The Cosmopolitan in 2017 and 2018 as the resort's first resident comedian.
10. A watermelon festival is happening June 15 at Floyd Lamb Park. There will be numerous vendors, entertainment, a bonce house, rock climbing wall, face painters, games and watermelon-themed items and food. Entrance is free and pets are welcomed.
11. Dads can swim for free on June 16 at 4 city pools -- Freedom Park pool, Garside Pool, Municipal Pool and Pavilion Pool. Daily fee for all except dad accompanied by child. Sponsored by the City of Las Vegas.
12. Las Vegas Restaurant Week kicks off June 17. Dozens of restaurants around the valley are participating. The week-long celebration of dining will benefit Three Square food bank. Make reservations at award-winning restaurants and local eateries you have always wanted to try, and your meal could provide up to 18 meals to hungry people in the community.
13. Summerlin Sounds is back on The Lawn at Downtown Summerlin. This week's performers include Stoked with Richard Mann from the Union Drifters. Select Downtown Summerlin restaurants will offer food and beverages for purchase and enjoyment on The Lawn, including wine and beer, making it a perfect one-stop spot to sit back and enjoy a night out in comfort and style. Admission is free but VIP seating is available.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR
The South Point Showroom hosts Ricky Nelson Remembered June 14 through June 16. This unique multimedia show features the live music of Ricky Nelson’s hit songs including “Hello Mary Lou,” “Travelin’ Man,” and “Garden Party” performed by Ricky’s own twin sons, Matthew and Gunnar. Guests are in for a treat with never-before seen video footage of the Nelson family with interviews from celebrities influenced by Ricky Nelson. For three nights guests from multiple generations will celebrate the life of America’s original “Teen Idol.”
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email with information and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.