The following is a list of 13 things happening in the Las Vegas valley for the week of July 5 through 11:
1. This month’s theme for First Friday in downtown Las Vegas is Rejuve. Enjoy music by Joey Miceli and art by Byron Stout, great food and beverages, variety of vendors and more. The First Friday Function Very Variety Show is happening at 920 S. Commerce St. There will be variety acts, live art, music and more.
2. Jack Daniel’s House No. 7 is taking over the Thunderbird Hotel on July 5 and 6. Enjoy a night of live music and mayhem, unique guest experiences and plenty of Jack Daniel's, of course. Reservations required. Sign up on website with the code TVGUEST.
3. UFC ring girl Arianny Celeste is hosting a meet and greet from 7 to 9 p.m. July 5 at Sugar Factory American Brasserie at the Fashion Show. Fans will have the chance to get an autograph and take a selfie with Celeste.
4. Deadpan comic Steven Wright returns to Treasure Island Theatre on July 5. Renowned for his distinctive stand-up comedy, incorporating irony, philosophy, nonsense and delightful lethargic monotone delivery, Wright got his big break on “The Tonight Show” in 1982.
5. “It Takes Two: A Tribute to Rod Stewart and Tina Turner” will treat guests with a blast from the past July 5 through 7 in the South Point Showroom.
6. Clark County Wetlands Park is hosting Discovery Day on July 6. Highlights include encounters with live desert creatures, crafts and activities, and a full range of interpretive and interactive exhibits. Mascots Mojave Max and Tommy the Turtle will share in the fun. The newly opened Wetlands Park Nature Store will be open during the event, where shoppers can find nature themed gifts, apparel, books, jewelry and more.
7. Millennium Fandom Bar in downtown Las Vegas is hosting Stranger Things: Revenge of the 80s on July 6. If you are a fan of popular series on Netflix and you enjoy cosplay, this is the party for you. No cover. Must be 21 years of age or older.
8. Pentatonix performs July 6 at Mandalay Bay. Pentatonix is an American a cappella group from Texas. They producer covers versions of modern pop works and more.
9. Rocker Vince Neil performs July 6 at The Cannery on East Craig Road. Neil is best known as the lead vocalist of Motley True, which he co-founded in 1981.
10. Downtown Container Park is hosting a silent disco on July 7. Sensory-solitude seeking guests of all ages are invited to tune out the world and tune in to 1 of 3 genres of tempo tunes. Cost is $5 per set of headphones. The first 100 guests to RSVP to Container Park’s ‘Silent Disco Sunday’ will receive complimentary headphones.
11. Desert Breeze Aquatic Facility is hosting a Field Day on July 8. Bring the whole family for a special day of open swim and field day games and activities.
12. The Blind Beer Throwdown is happening July 9 at Fries N Pies. Each ticket holder will get the chance to try 5 unknown beers and vote on their favorite. There will also be great food created specifically for the event.
13. The University of Nevada Cooperative Extension’ s Food Preservation Program is hosting a free workshop on pickled products. The workshop is for anyone who wants to learn how to make dill pickles. Free admission.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR
The SPAZMATICS will party away to the best of the 1980s in the South Point Showroom every Saturday night. Tickets are available for $5 or guests can purchase a “SPAZMATICS Party Package” for $10 including one ticket, one drink and reserved seating. Doors open at 10 p.m. General admission tickets are available to purchase for $5 as well as VIP tickets. All guests must be 21 or older with a valid form of ID.
If you would like to submit an event for 13 Things, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.