Here is a list of things to do in Las Vegas for the week of Feb. 21-27:
1. The West Las Vegas Library is hosting Black Weekend 2020: Kemet in the Desert Series on Feb. 20, 21 and 22. The cultural celebration will feature dancing, music, spoken word and affirmations in afro-ritualistic traditions. Co-presented by Like It Is Radio, Nia Productions, Platinum Productions, Power 88 FM and the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District.
2. The West Las Vegas Arts Center is hosting The Poets' Corner at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21. The monthly event is for both established poets and open-mic participants and features the best of local talent. Due to adult subject matter, participants should be 17 or over.
3. Park on Fremont Street will host Front Patio Fridays with Jaime Da Great, A_Ron and Vegas on Feb. 21. Enjoy a selection of craft cocktails, rare beers and bites while listening to classic hip-hop and R&B. The fun begins at 10 p.m.
4. Pahrump is hosting its annual Up, Up & Away Balloon Festival this weekend. There will be more than 30 hot air balloons, carnival games, live entertainment, mutton busting, delicious food and more.
5. The Junior League of Las Vegas is hosting the inaugural Masquerade on Main Street Pub Crawl on Feb. 22. Multiple bars on Main Street will be participating, including ReBar, Able Baker, Cork & Thorn and CraftHaus. There will be a mask contest at ReBar at 10 p.m. with $500 in cash and prizes. $30.
6. The Downtown Container Park is celebrating Mardi Gras starting Feb. 21 and ending Feb. 25. Revelers can expect a range of discounts and specials from various tenants including Downtown Terrace, Oak & Ivy, Big Ern’s BBQ, Pizza Zazza, Athena’s Jewelry , plus Louisiana-style Jambalaya from Simply Pure and much more. There will also be live entertainment.
7. Jump! The Ultimate Dog Show is happening at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Feb. 22 and 23 at Springs Preserve. There will be head-to-head competition that showcase several energetic sporting elements such as speed agility, weave pole racing, trick frisbee, dock diving and more.
8. Distill Summerlin is celebrating its 6th anniversary with a luau-themed party on Feb. 22. There will be island-inspired cocktails such as the Mahalo Mule and Wiki Wiki Juice, a Hawaiian buffet, live music, prize giveaways and a costume contest.
9. The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck will be at Downtown Summerlin from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 22. They will be located nearby Macy's and will offer super cute treats and merchandise while supplies last.
10. Velvet Chains is performing Feb. 22 at Gold Mine Tavern. The group will take you back to Seattle during the early '90s with a dynamic hard-hitting show.
11. The Backstage Bar & Billiards on Fremont Street are hosting an 80s dance party on Feb. 22. Enjoy the music of Depeche Mode, The Cure, Morrissey and The Smiths Night. Free entry before 11 p.m. Blue Mondays from Los Angeles is hosting the party.
12. The Golden Tiki is having its 3rd annual celebration for Don The Beachcomber's birthday on Feb. 24. There will be special cocktails prepared by the best bartenders in Las Vegas for $10 each and Thee Swank Bastars will perform. Guests are encouraged to dress in classic aloha shirts and tiki wear. The party starts at 6 p.m.
13. The Orleans will celebrate Mardi Gras on Feb. 25 with a parade inside the casino, drink specials, traditional Mardi Gras cuisine during their lunch and dinner buffets, and a red beans and rice special for $5 and Hurricanes in souvenir cups for $9 at Bailiwick All American Pub + Eatery and more.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR SOUTH POINT
Hailing from the United Kingdom, the South Point Showroom welcomes back famed British pop group, Herman’s Hermits, starring Peter Noone. Guests will be transported to the time of classic rock and pop sounds as they enjoy a night filled with the band's classic hits, including “I’m Into Something Good,” “Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Daughter,” “Can You Hear My Heartbeat” and “Just A Little Bit Better.” Performances are at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21-23.
If you would like to submit information for a future list, send an email with details to email@example.com.