Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas between Aug. 2 and 8:
1. The Star Trek convention is back this weekend at the Rio hotel-casino. Some the biggest stars of the Star Trek universe will be in attendance, including William Shatner, Kate Mulgrew, Jery Ryan, LeVar Burton and Brent Spiner. There will be discussion panels, multiple vendors, photo opps and autograph sessions, a costume contest and more.
2. Third Eye Blind and Jimmy Eat World are bringing the Summer of Gods tour to The Pearl Concert Theater at The Palms on Aug. 2. They will be performing some of their biggest hits and new material.
3. "Artitecture" is the focus of this month's First Friday celebration in downtown Las Vegas. First Friday asks attendees to discover how works of art are displayed in the human form of art through AcroYoga demonstrations and how the planning and building of structural design is art. The monthly event features artists, live entertainment and food.
4. "Hans Klok: The World's Fastest Magician" performs daily except Fridays at the Excalibur. Klok's show features more than 50 "mind-blowing" illusions.
5. 10 awesome food trucks are in the Llama Lot every Friday from 7 p.m. until 12 a.m. The Llama Lot is located across from Atomic Liquors in downtown Las Vegas. Curated by Real Awesome Food and Fergusons Downtown.
6. Beer lovers are invited to Ri Ra Las Vegas on Aug. 2 to celebrate International Beer Day. There will be $5 beer flights, a raffle and live entertainment starting at 9 p.m.
7. The Springs Preserve is hosting a gardening class on cacti and succulents. Their team of horticulturalists will teach the differences and similarities of the prickly plants.
8. Police officers and firefighters from Arizona, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and North Carolina will battle it out on the ice on Aug. 3 at City National Arena. Proceeds will benefit the Injured Officers Fund.
9. Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo are performing Aug. 3 at Wynn Las Vegas. In 1979, Pat Benatar met Neil Giraldo in a rehearsal room in New York City, a moment that led not only to their 37-year marriage, but also spawned some of the 20th century's biggest hits.
10. The Bacon Brothers are performing Aug. 3 in the Red Rock Lounge at Red Rock Resort. The Bacon Brothers is made up of Michael Bacon and actor Kevin Bacon. They have been performing together since 1995.
11. Punks in Vegas is celebrating its 8th birthday with a photo exhibit from Aug. 1 to Sept. 30 at ReBar. The exhibit features live shots of local bands taken over the past 8 years by Steven Matview, Hunter Wallace, Aaron Mattern and Christopher Mounts. There will be a live performance at 8 p.m. Aug. 3.
12. Flicks on the Field at the Las Vegas Ballpark on Aug. 8 will feature the movie "Top Gun." Tickets are only $2. The movie will be shown on the largest LED video display in the minor leagues. Attendees can bring blankets or stadium seats but fold-up chairs will not be permitted.
13. Downtown Container Parks's Sunset Cinema will feature the movie "Captain Marvel" on Aug. 8. The movie is free and open to public. Guests can bring blankets and chairs for seating on the lawn.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR
Gregg Austin's M Town & More perform every Tuesday night at the South Point hotel-casino and Deja Vu performs every Wednesday night at the South Point. Both groups are highly entertainment. Tickets are $10 general admission for M Town and $5 general admission for Deja Vu.