Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Locale Italian Kitchen is hosting a white truffle dinner on Oct. 9. The Mountain's Edge restaurant is helmed by famed Vegas chef Nicole Brisson. Menu highlights include cauliflower sformato with super egg yolk and white truffles' veal and black truffle tortellini; Bistecca di Fiorentina with truffled potato millefoglie and roasted turnips; and goat cheese budino with black truffle glazed figs. Cost is $125 inclusive. Each course is paired with a wine.
2. Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse will host a Staglin Family Vineyard Wine Dinner at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 16. A 5-course meal will be paired with an assort of Staglin Family wines. Guests will indulge in exclusive dishes including Chicharron-Dusted Jumbo Sea Scallops, Yuzu Butter-Poached Halibut, Herb-Marinated Prime Eye of Ribeye, and Smores Pot De Crème. The elevated evening will be filled with food, wine and community while supporting brain health initiatives. Cost is $225 and availability is limited. Make a reservation by calling 702-796-0063.
3. Pasta Shop Ristorante & Art Gallery is donating $1 from every dish sold in October of Rainbow Pasta to The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada. The Rainbow Pasta is a combination of four fresh house made pastas using turmeric, tomato, beet and spinach to add color and light flavor. They are served in a sauce of olive oil, capers and lemon with roasted cherry tomatoes ($18.95). The dish is vegan unless guests choose to add tiger shrimp or scallops at an additional charge.
4. Christ Church Epsicopal's Lobster Fair is happening from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 19. Fresh Maine lobsters are the focus and may be pre-ordered for pickup during the fair. Live lobsters cost $18 and steamed lobsters cost $20 when pre-ordered or $20 and $22 the day of the fair. Orders may be placed online at www.lobsterfair.com until 9 p.m. Oct. 18. The fair will be held on the Hunt Memorial Patio in the center of the church's complex at 2000 S. Maryland Parkway. There will also be seafood gumbo, clam chowder, turkey dinners, Mexican food, snacks, baked goods, beer, wine and other beverages for purchase. There will also be an auction and games for children.
5. It's National Vegetarian Month and Ike's Love & Sandwiches is celebrating with a limited-edition sandwich called the Mack Daddy made with vegan meatballs, slaw, secret sauce and American Cheese. Cost is only $10 and it's available during the month of October. The Mack Daddy joins vegan and vegetarian sandwiches already on the menu.
6. Farmer Boys is celebrating National Farmers' Day on Oct. 11 and 12 by offering $2 Big Cheese cheesburgers to guests who visit while dressed like a farmer (overalls, plaid shirt, straw hat etc.). Farmer Boys has also introduced two new menu items -- the Hog Heaven Breakfast Burrito made with 3 cage-free eggs, 2 slices of American cheese, hash browns, fresh salsa, hickory smoked sausage and country ham and the Xtreme Bacon Boy burger.
7. Villa Italian Kitchen is having its 10th annual Have A Slice Day on Oct. 15. For one day only, Villa Italian Kitchen will treat pizza fanatics across the country to a FREE slice of delicious cheese pizza at all participating locations.
8. Bok Bok Chicken is offering a $21 family meal dinner that includes a FREE second rotisserie chicken. From now until Oct. 31, parents can go in-store or online to order the $21 Family Meal and use code ‘BOKBOK1’ to receive an additional rotisserie chicken for free! The $21 Family Meal includes one whole free range rotisserie chicken, two large sides of choice, toom (traditional garlic sauce with lemon and oil), pita and pickles. There are currently 6 locations in town.
9. Eataly Las Vegas at Park MGM is inviting guests to enjoy unlimited tastings of high-quality Italian favorites at their Wine and Cheese Fest from 5 to 9 p.m. Nov. 1. Guests can also enjoy unlimited sips of regional Italian wine at 10+ stations throughout the marketplace. There are general admission and VIP All-Access wristbands available starting at $65. Wristbands are limited.
10. Shaquille O'Neal's fast-casual chicken restaurant Big Chicken launched the Big Waffle last month in celebration of its one-year anniversary. The Big Waffle includes crispy chicken on a waffle bun with chipotle maple candied bacon and honey sriracha mayo. For a limited time only, the sandwich is available for $8.89. Fries and a drink may be added for an additional $3.99. The restaurant is also using NAKED TRUTH Premium Chicken, which is preservative free and humanely raised with no cages, no hormones or antibiotics.
11. Executive Chef Saul Garcia is leading a hands-on cooking demo of 3 fiesta favorites and 2 house specialty cocktails during the Fiesta Cooking Class on Oct. 26 at El Segundo Sol. The class begins at 9 a.m. Cost is $35 per person plus. Reservations are required. Please call 702-258-1211.'
12. Sonoma Cellar Steak House inside Sunset Station is offering a 5-course wine dinner on Oct. 29. Priced at $75 per person, guests will be treated for a special menu created by Chef Christopher Hall of Sonoma Cellar and curated wine pairing from Freemark Abbey presented by Dewey Dorough. Menu highlights include watermelon mint salad, beef tenderloin, confit duck leg and poached pear. The wine dinner will begin at 6 p.m. and seating is limited. Reservations, which are mandatory, may be made by calling Sonoma Cellar at (702) 547-7898.
13. Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris Las Vegas is offering a three-course truffle prix fixe menu for $195. The decadent meal begins with Scotch Egg appetizer followed by American wagyu carpaccio, mushroom and scallop risotto, American wagyu eye and lobster, and is finished with a slice of vanilla mascarpone cheesecake. Guests can add a wine pairing selection for an additional $75.
If you would like to submit an item for the next 13 Tastes, send an email with info and photos to email@example.com.