Here is a roundup of the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. Place on 7th is hosting a Wine Dinner an tour of Argentina on Aug. 14. Enjoy a 5-course dinner paired with wines from Piatelli Vineyards of Argentina. $65 per person.
2. A new Sierra Gold at 9465 S. Eastern Ave. is celebrating its opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, swag bags, giveaways and a grand prize on Aug. 16. Signature dishes include the Sierra Gold Burger, made with peppered bacon, aged cheddar cheese, sautéed mushrooms and white truffle oil; and the classic Gilroy pizza, made with pepperoni, Italian sausage, salami, artichoke hearts, onion, mushrooms, tomato, mozzarella cheese and garlic white sauce. Signature cocktails include the Sierra Gold margaritas and the New Fashioned, made with Woodford Reserve, amaretto and agave.
3. SecretBurger.com and Rooster Boy Cafe are teaming up for one night on Aug. 21 to offer a special falafel platter. The platter is a homage to Chef Sonia El-Nawal's mother and includes house-crafted falafel, housemade pita, tahini sauce and house pickles. Enjoy a taste of Egypt for $14 per dish.
4. Pronto by Giada at Caesars Palace features one of the largest wines by the glass menus in Las Vegas. On Aug. 23 and Sept. 13, guests are invited to taste (for free!) nearly 30 of the 46 wines and discounted small bites from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Following the tasting, guests are encouraged to enjoy discounted full pours of their favorite wines in the newly expanded Pronto Wine Bar.
5. Jerry's Nugget is offering 2 surf-and-turf options every Friday and Saturday in August for under $20. Choose between steak and shrimp or steak and lobster. Each platter is served with a juicy 8-ounce New York Prime cut steak alongside pan-fried shrimp (for $13.89) or a fresh baked in the shell lobster tail (for $19.89). Each platter comes with choice of potatos plus housemade garlic or French bread and choice of soup or salad. Available from 11 a.m. to midnight.
6. Mon Ami Gabi is celebrating its anniversary by offering a classics cooking class from 1 to 3 p.m. Aug. 24. Learn to prepare 3 classic French dishes from their summer menu. Executive Chef Vincent Pouessel will whip up these French favorites, as guests enjoy each dish paired with French wines throughout the class. Attendees will receive a recipe booklet. Tickets are $55 plus. Space is limited. Call 702-944-2442 to make a reservation.
7. Eataly Las Vegas is celebrating Vino Day on Aug. 30. Guests can celebrate with discounts on all bottles of wine in the Wine Shop and restaurants and enjoy complimentary tastings throughout the store, special Chef's Table classes, prizes and more. Happening 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
8. The Barrymore is offering an eclectic new menu. Menu items include Argentinian-style Gaucho Steak, Branzino, linguini and clams, roasted chicken with smashed marble potatoes, clams in spicy tomato broth, pan-fried duck confit pot stickers, exclusive liquor flights and more. The Barrymore has also recently partnered with Make-A-Wish® Southern Nevada and launched the “Make-A-Wish®” Farmers Burger made with Wagyu beef, bacon, garlic chive aioli, avocado, lettuce, tomato, fried egg, served with French fries. A portion of the proceeds are donated to Southern Nevada’s Make-A-Wish® foundation.
9. A new Firefly Tapas Kitchen + Bar is opening later this month at 7355 S. Buffalo Drive. Firefly is known for its hot, chilled, vegetarian and gluten-free tapas, sharable paellas, house-made sangrias and vibrant atmosphere. Fan favorites and new additions include salmon crudo, stuffed dates, patatas bravas, pilpo asado, camarones al ajillo and albondigas. Signature sangrias, fresh mojitos and handcrafted cocktails will be available by the glass or pitchers, as well as an extensive wine and beer list for a perfect pairing.
10. Bite of Las Vegas has a new location this year. It’s happening Sept. 14 at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center. This is the event’s 23rd year and will feature food from dozens of the valley’s top eateries and live music. There’s also a Kid Zone. Tickets are now on sale.
11. Twin Peaks has added several items to its menu. They include spinach dip, fried pork rinds, tomato basil soup, and smoked park cubanos. New beverages include the Cowboy Margarita, White Tea made with Herradura Silver tequila, Penicillin with Monkey Shoulder Scotch Whiskey and Truly Hard Seltzer, available in wild berry, lime and rose. In addition, all restaurants will feature a season soup.
12. MR CHOW'S at Caesars Palace has added an all-new $1,000 dish to its menu. The Gold-Encrusted Filet Mignon comes wrapped in a gold leaf and topped with caviar. Krug Grande Cuvee Brut is also served with this lavish meal. Guests must request this dish 48 hours in advance.
13. Applebee's Neighborhood Bar + Grill is offering the Quesadilla Burger for a limited time for $7.99. The burger features Pepper Jack cheese, signature Mexi-ranch sauce, crispy Applewood-smoked bacon, house-made pico de gallo and shredded lettuce for an unforgettable combo. It is served with endless fries. You can also get the Whisky Bacon Burger and Brunch Burger for the same price. Pepper Jack cheese, signature Mexi-ranch sauce, crispy Applewood-smoked bacon, house-made pico de gallo and shredded lettuce for an unforgettable combo.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Tastes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.