Local News


Woman suffers smoke inhalation in house fire

Posted at 9:24 PM, Apr 27, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-28 00:24:07-04

Two adults and their two cats were displaced in a Henderson house fire Wednesday morning.

The Henderson Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire on Twin Springs Court, near Sunset Road and Whitney Ranch Drive, around 9:30 a.m.

The first arriving engine crew observed smoke coming from the eaves of a two-story, single-family home. Firefighters entered the structure through the garage and located the source of the fire. They brought the fire under control and extinguished it in less than 10 minutes.

Residents were home when the fire started and were alerted by their smoke detectors.

A female resident suffered minor smoke inhalation and was transported to St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Siena campus.

Four engines, a truck and three rescue units responded to the fire. There were no injuries to firefighters.

The cause of the electrical fire was determined to be a malfunctioning exhaust fan in a bathroom. Total loss is estimated at $30,000.