Two men armed with wrenches robbed a UNLV student and stole the person's car near campus on Thursday.
Police reported the two approached the student near the Campus Village Shopping Center on Maryland Parkway at about 2:45 p.m.
The suspects then robbed the student and took the victim's 2013 Volkswagen Jetta.
The unidentified student was not injured in the incident and UNLV police described the assailants as a Hispanic and white man who were holding wrenches.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is leading the investigation with UNLV Police Services assisting, as the situation took place off campus.
UNLV police shared these safety reminders:
- Remain vigilant both on- and off-campus at all times and report suspicious activity to the police. Remember, if you "see something, say something."
- Travel in pairs or groups whenever possible, and don't risk your safety by resisting during a robbery.
- When on campus, you can request a campus security escort 24 hours a day by calling UNLV Police Services at (702) 895-3668.
- Save (702) 895-3669 in your phone to contact UNLV Police Services for assistance on campus. Calls to 9-1-1 from a non-campus phone go to the Las Vegas Metro Police, which are forwarded to UNLV Police.
- Download UNLV's RebelSAFE app. The app will allow you to directly call UNLV Police without going through Las Vegas Metro Dispatch.
- Learn more about safety tips on our crime prevention tips webpage.