Local News


Two dogs die in Henderson house fire

Posted at 4:49 PM, Dec 02, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-04 16:23:13-05

An electrical fire that started in a bedroom claimed the lives of two dogs and damaged a Henderson home Friday.
The Henderson Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 2300 block of Silver Crew Pass, near Eastern Avenue and Sunridge Heights Parkway, around 11 a.m.

No one in the Harridge family was home when the fire started. It was just their two dogs, nine-year-old Coda and 10-month-old Tank.

The first arriving engine crew observed smoke and flames coming from the front of a one-story, single-family residence. Firefighters initiated an offensive attack and entered the home, quickly extinguishing the fire.
A neighbor called 911 after noticing smoke and flames coming from a bedroom window.
Coda and Tank died from smoke inhalation. There were no injuries to bystanders or firefighters.
The family of four is now staying with relatives.

"My six year old, he is dealing with it in a six year old way," said Nicolette Harridge. "He's talking about it but I don't think he really understands. My 12 year old said goodbye today, saw his dog Coda and obviously he's having a hard time."
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. The total estimated loss is $70,000 for structure and contents.

The neighbor who saw the smoke and called 911 has set up a GoFundMe to help the Harridges. You can donate by clicking here.