Local News


Towel found on fire at Rio hotel-casino

Posted at 6:35 AM, Dec 22, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-22 09:35:31-05

A towel was found on fire at the Rio hotel-casino Tuesday morning.

Around 5 a.m., the Clark County Fire department responded to the Rio where security personnel directed them to the 25th floor. Security told firefighters that there was a towel on fire outside of a service elevator and they were able to put it out with a fire extinguisher.

Crews checked the elevator shaft and surrounding areas for any remaining signs of smoke and found none.

Fire personnel determined the cause to be accidental.

There were no evacuations necessary and no injuries were reported.