LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is planning on going out with a bang this weekend.
After 25 years as one of the valley's entertainment powerhouses, they are closing their doors for good On Feb. 3 and becoming Virgin Hotel Las Vegas.
Richard "Boz" Bosworth spoke with Good Morning Las Vegas on Thursday morning.
He says that the party is a way to say thank you to the Las Vegas community.
The Hard Rock helped change many things on the entertainment scene.
Interesting facts about the Hard Rock:
· Hard Rock Hotel opened on March 9, 1995 with grand opening performances by Al Green, Sheryl Crow and the Eagles. · Hard Rock Hotel & Casino was featured in the 1997 action thriller “Con Air” where the fugitive plane crashes through the hotel’s prominent Fender Stratocaster guitar.
· Nobu opened inside Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in 1999.
· In 2004, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino was the first hotel to introduce a Rehab Beach Club, a day club.
· Wasted Space, a nightlife entertainment outlet, opened in June 2008 with performances by Gavin Rossdale and Camp Freddy.
· Ago, the elegant Italian trattoria named after its celebrated executive chef partner, Agostino Sciandri opened its doors at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino with grand opening reception on March 3, 2008 hosted by business partner Robert DeNiro and Sciandri.
· The Hard Rock Hotel entrance and select interior shots were featured in the 2008 film “21” which tells the story of six MIT students who train to become experts in card counting and subsequently took Vegas casinos for millions in winnings.
· The original “Joint” closed in February of 2009. · Hart & Huntington Tattoo opens at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in April of 2009.
· The new Joint opened on April 17, 2009 with The Killers performing the inaugural concert on April 17, 2009, Avenged Sevenfold on April 18, 2009 and Paul McCartney closed out the opening weekend on April 19, 2009.
· Guitarist Carlos Santana was the first rock ‘n’ roll resident artist at The Joint. His residency started May 27, 2009.
· The all-suite HRH Tower welcomes its first guests with luxury accommodations including seven penthouses, eight spa villas and 359 suites opens December 28, 2009. · The Dew Tour brings the first-ever Dew Tour Championships to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, October 2010. The best skateboard and BMX athletes battled it out for the coveted Dew Cup, including Shaun White, Ryan Sheckler, Paul Rodriguez, Jamie Bestwick and Brett Banasiewicz.
TAKE A 360 DEGREE TOUR OF THE REAL WORLD SUITE (move your mouse around to change the view)
· Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs opened Vanity Nightclub over New Year’s Eve Weekend of 2010.
· Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is where the cast of the 25th season of The Real World resided and where "The Real World: Las Vegas" was filmed. The premiere of "The Real World: Las Vegas" on March 9, 2011 drew 1.7 million viewers. Guests can still party like a reality star in the 4,950 square-foot Penthouse Real World Suite where the cast lived and shared their Sin City experiences.
· Tiesto’s first residency in Las Vegas, Tiesto in Concert, was at The Joint and started on Jan. 1, 2011.
· The Joint was the host venue for the NHL Awards in 2016 and 2018. At the 2016 NHL Awards the it was officially announced that Las Vegas had been awarded a team.
· Rehab day club holds its final bash and splash on October 14, 2018.
Peter Morton, the co-founder of Hard Rock Cafe, owned and operated the property from 1995 until 2006. He then sold it to the Morgan's Hotel Group.
In 2011, after the economy crashed, Brookfield Asset Management assumed the property.
On March 30, 2018, Sir Richard Branson announced that he had purchased the property and would rebrand it as a Virgin Hotel.
The property will be closed for several months while it is being remodeled and rebranded.
More information about The Last Great Party Weekend.
· It’s a four day party marathon starting 4 p.m. Jan. 30 at 4 p.m. Feb. 2.
· There will be free live music throughout the property all weekend at the Center Bar, Peacock Lounge and outside Fu Asian Kitchen. Music begins nightly at 8 p.m.
· The Growlers a band whose sound has been described as "a trademark style of music that somehow combines surf, pop, rock and beat" which has been labeled "Beach Goth” will be playing in Vinyl Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Showtime is at 9 p.m. and tickets start at $45.
· Guests can win iconic memorabilia items during daily giveaways.
· Local broadcasters and media personalities will be on property all weekend, including John “JT the Brick” Tournour
· Guests can relive 1995 with special pricing open on select food and beverage items, including $7 cocktails.
· There will be a final toast to the off-Strip property on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 8 p.m. led by property President and CEO Richard “Boz” Bosworth.
· On Feb. 2, guests can cheer on their favorite team during the Big Game, which will be aired on televisions throughout the property. Guests will also enjoy additional entertainment, food and drink specials and memorabilia giveaways.
The "re-imagined lifestyle casino resort" will feature innovative design and over 1,500 exceptionally appointed “Chambers,” “Grand Chamber Suites” and Penthouse Suites. Chambers will feature Virgin Hotels patented bed and in-room technology.
The Joint will also be ugraded and will include a redesigned second floor that will further expand the VIP experience by remodeling the luxury suites, adding more luxury seating options and creating a high energy lounge environment.