Local News


UPDATE: 2nd Miracle Mile shooting suspect arrested

Posted at 12:14 AM, Jul 14, 2017
and last updated 2017-07-17 21:44:02-04

JULY 17: The second person suspected of being involved in the shooting at Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood turned himself in on July 15.

25-year-old Jaime Gonzalez contacted police through an attorney. Gonzalez, who is believed to have been the driver, was taken to Clark County Detention Center and booked on charges of burglary, grand larceny, conspiracy to commit burglary and conspiracy to commit grand larceny.

JULY 14 UPDATE: Thanks to the help of citizen tips, investigators were able to track down one of the suspects in this case. 

34-year-old Jonathan Ozuna was taken into custody around 12:30 p.m. on Friday. He was booked into the Clark County Detention Center on charges related to attempted murder, burglary, and grand larceny.

The investigation is still ongoing. Anyone with information about this case should call Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555.


Two robbery suspects are on the run after a shooting at the Miracle Mile Shops. Two security guards were shot as they tried to capture the suspects.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police surrounded and locked down the garage for hours after responding to shots fired on third floor of the parking structure.

Police said around 7 p.m. two men held up the Sunglasses Hut inside the mall. They took off with the merchandise and two security guards alerted to the theft, chased them into the garage, where one of the men shot at them. One guard was hit in the neck and the other in the hand. The guards are not believed to have life threatening injuries. The robbers managed to get away before police arrived.

While the garage was locked down many people were forced to leave the area suddenly. A hotel employee said she couldn't get to her vehicle. Sa Ing McKinnon said police told her only that there had been a shooting and that she needed to leave immediately.

"I am worried because it happened in the garage. Can you imagine? Good thing I'm not there right?" she said. "But it happens all the time." 

David Sandoval was shut out of his room at the Elara. He said he called the front desk to get more information, but was told it would likely be several hours before he could return because some streets around the hotel were also shut down.

"She asked me to call back every 15 minutes because I have plans tonight, "he said. "That's why I'm here, to have fun and party. "

Police said there were several witnesses they were talking to in addition to surveillance video from both the store and garage.