Local News


Restaurant closed after small kitchen fire

Restaurant closed after small kitchen fire
Posted at 12:44 PM, Aug 07, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-07 15:44:43-04

An automatic fire sprinkler system doused a stove fire in a Centennial Hills restaurant Sunday morning.  

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue said damage was kept to a minimum and there were no reported injuries.
Fire dispatchers received several 911 calls at 10:35 a.m. Sunday that flames and smoke were showing from the roof of the Fire Rock restaurant at 5990 Centennial Center Blvd., near U.S. 95. On arrival, only a haze was showing on the inside of the one-story building. Firefighters discovered there was a fire on the stove, flames and smoke extended up the exhaust pipe from the vent hood over the stove to the roof.
The fire on the stove was extinguished by automatic fire sprinklers. The flames went up the vent pipe to the roof and damaged an air conditioner and some of the roof decking.
The restaurant is closed and will remain closed until repairs are made and an inspection is completed by the health department.
A damage estimate was not immediately available.