One person was taken to the hospital after suffering burns to the fingers as propane was being transferred from one tank to another at a gas station near Flamingo Road and El Capitan Way.
Clark County Firefighters responded to the incident around 11:40 a.m. Sunday after being notified about a propane leak. The Hazmat team from Las Vegas Fire and Rescue also responded.
Crews stood by until the valves on both tanks were secured, and the remaining propane in the smaller of the two tanks had been emptied completely.
No other injuries were reported. Businesses returned to normal operation within 45 minutes.