LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Nevada Democratic party responded to a lawsuit threat launched by the Trump campaign on Thursday.
The Nevada State Democratic Party Chair William McCurdy II released the following statement:
"The writing is on the wall for the Trump campaign. As the voices of Nevadans are finally heard, Trump and the Nevada GOP have no other recourse than scare tactics and baseless suits. Today, in a shameful display, partisan hacks attacked the integrity of Nevada's voting system without evidence, threatening to disenfranchise the voices of their fellow Nevadans in the process. This is not the first time Republicans have filed suit in an attempt to suppress voters, nor is it the second or the third. Republicans want to circumvent democracy because things aren't going in their favor. But the will of the people will not be ignored. Trump's presidency was disastrous for Nevada, and now he is facing the consequences of leaving Nevada families behind. While the Trump campaign attempts to silence hardworking families, NV Dems will stand alongside them until every vote is counted."
Earlier on Thursday, President Donald Trump's campaign and the Nevada Republican Party said they were filing a lawsuit calling on Clark County to stop counting votes, alleging illegal votes are being counted.
Former Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt alleged thousands of problems with mail-in ballot delivery and claimed a lack of transparency regarding signatures.
Clark County Registrar of Voters Joe Gloria was asked if he had received any complaints from the GOP during a press conference on Wednesday. At that time, he said he had not heard anything specific.