Local News


One mother claims IKEA crib poisoned her child

Posted at 7:35 AM, May 20, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-20 10:35:46-04
Days after the first IKEA opens in the Las Vegas valley a woman is warning other parents about the potential dangers of a crib being sold at the store.
The woman, Loxie Shooks, claims that the crib made her 10-month-old daughter sick.
Shooks says that her daughter ate part of the crib and swallowed cardboard composite. She immediately called poison control. The baby is going to be okay.
IKEA sent out a statement saying all of the paints in children's products are tested for safety. 
The mother is getting a full refund for the crib.