Local News


UPDATE: Firefighters restore Christmas for family who lost everything in fire

Posted at 10:51 AM, Dec 19, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-23 20:47:38-05
UPDATE ON DEC. 23: Thanks to local firefighters and Operation Fire H.E.A.T. the Price family now has a Christmas. 
Dozens of gifts were delivered to all three children Friday. 
"I got this jacket, I got a basket ball, I got a remote control car and I got an electric scooter," said 10-year-old Kahmahnie. 
The family has been staying in a hotel since Sunday when a fire ripped through their apartment. 
"You don't even understand like it's the best feeling in the world. If they're happy I'm happy," said mother Reesha Price. 
Firefighters also delivered gifts to the other family who was also left homeless after the fire.

UPDATE: Inside a cramped hotel room is where pregnant Reesha Price, her rambunctious 3-year-old son Cayson and her oldest son 10-year-old Kahmahnie Junior are temporarily staying.

"Everything in this room is what I have now," said Price.

"I am trying to help my mom the best I can," said Kahmahnie Jr.

With the help of the Red Cross, they have been staying at Sam's Town hotel-casino since Monday after a fire ripped through their apartment.

"We had to jump off the back balcony to get away from it," said Price.

Price's 7-year-old wasn't home. He is away at his grandma's for the Christmas break.

"My family is all I was concerned about ... we are out, we are alive," Price said.

They watched as everything they own -- Christmas presents, everything Price had for her new baby went up in flames.

All the boys have left is the clothes they had on, the night of the fire.

Even though Kahmahnnie Junior lost his prized possession -- a Nintendo WiiU -- in the fire, he has perspective on what happened.

"I don't really want anything for Christmas anymore, except my family," he said.

A GoFundMe has been set up to help the family.
LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- Firefighters rescued residents trapped on the balcony above an apartment that caught fire on Sunday.
The fire happened around 11:47 p.m. at 1332 E. Desert Inn Road, near Maryland Parkway. Upon arrival, Clark County Firefighters spotted smoke and flames coming from the first floor of a two-story apartment complex. Crews had the fire out within 10 minutes.
The occupants were uninjured but were taken to the hospital for further evaluation. Two families were displaced as a result of the fire and did not require the assistance of the American Red Cross.
Damage was estimated at $50,000.