LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The daughter of Robert Wenman, Ashley Rice, has filed a federal lawsuit against the North Las Vegas Police Department (NLVPD) and others for the fatal officer-involved shooting that occurred on June 22nd.
Rice is suing the City of North Las Vegas, NLVPD, and Officer Robert Jameson for the death of her father according to a lawsuit filed on Thursday.
The complaint for damages includes:
- Unreasonable Search and Seizure – Excessive Force, Wrongful Death & of Fourth Amendment.
- Substantive Due Process – Violation of Fourteenth Amendment Deprivation of Familial Relationship
- Municipal Liability for Unconstitutional Custom, Practice, or Policy
- Municipal Liability – Failure to Train
- Municipal Liability – Ratification
- Battery (Wrongful Death)
- Negligence (Wrongful Death)
- Denial of Medical Care - Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution