A home caught fire in Summerlin Sunday afternoon.
The fire occurred around 4:40 p.m. in the 9500 block of Sierra Summit Avenue, near Lake Mead Boulevard and Anasazi Drive.
Sierra Update: KNOCKDOWN on fire, most fire is out, no extension into attic, primary all clear, no inj's reported. PIO1
— Las Vegas FireRescue (@LasVegasFD) March 7, 2016
The fire was in the upstairs bedroom of a two-story house. There was heavy smoke upstairs when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters entered the home and found heavy smoke on the second floor of the house. They then found the fire in a closet of the master bedroom. They were able to quickly bring the fire under control before it spread to the attic.
The fire gutted the closet and caused some heat and smoke damage to the adjoining bathroom. Damage is estimated at $10,000.
Fire investigators believe the fire started in the closet due to improper use of candles.
There were no reported injuries. Two people are displaced because of the fire.
No injuries were reported.