Over the next two weeks, Las Vegas residents can expect to see additional law enforcement presence.
The Nevada Highway Patrol has joined forces with law enforcement agencies throughout the state to concentrate on impaired driving, and has an important message for the public: don’t rely on the luck of the Irish, if you drive impaired, you will be arrested.
“Don’t waste your pot of gold on bail money this St. Patrick’s Day, designate a sober driver.” says Trooper Stuenkel of Nevada Highway Patrol.
In efforts to achieve “Zero Fatalities” this St. Patrick’s Day, drivers and riders are encouraged to abide by the following guidelines:
- designate a sober driver before drinking;
- use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member or use public transportation if impaired;
- take advantage of local sober ride programs;
- call 911 if an impaired driver is spotted on the road;
- take the keys or assist in making other arrangements for someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired
For more information, click here.