Local News


UPDATE: All 3 victims of Gass Peak plane crash identified

Local, federal agencies continue investigation
Posted at 5:25 PM, Nov 27, 2019
and last updated 2020-01-07 14:44:45-05

UPDATE JAN. 7: The Clark County coroner has identified the other two victims of the plane crash on Gass Peak.

They are 71-year-old Nina Morozova of Henderson and 48-year-old Valeriya Slyzko of Henderson. Cause of death was blunt force injuries for both and their deaths were ruled accidental.

UPDATE DEC. 2: The Clark County coroner has identified one of the victims in the plane crash as 60-year-old Gregory Akers. His cause of death was blunt force injuries and his death was ruled an accident.

The other two victims still have not been identified.

Multiple agencies are investigating after a plane crashed into Gass Peak on Tuesday evening.

The crash happened around 5:35 p.m., and authorities said that from a first look from the air, it was determined there were no survivors.

RELATED: Vegas police working with federal, local agencies on plane crash investigation

The plane was a single-engine Cirrus SR22, and the tail number is N7GA, which is registered to Baron Von Speed LLC.

The company’s website said the owner is Greg Akers, and multiple neighbors of Akers told 13 Action News they believed he was one of the three people on board the plane when it crashed.

One neighbor said she has lived across the street from Akers for 13 years, and he’s watched her daughters grow up. She also said he always told them about his aviation adventures - even sending videos from the view of his airplane when he flew.

“You almost thought that was his child… his passion for aircraft, his passion for flying, his passion for his past job as an air traffic controller, he always had something fun to share,” said Cosette Packer.

The coroner’s office has not yet to release the identity of the victims.

Las Vegas police had to suspend their intial search due to weather and then said search teams would look at the area Wednesday morning.

Officers said they will continue to work with federal and local agencies during the recovery and investigative efforts with the NTSB.