LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — MGM Resorts International says it will resume full hotel operations at several of its properties in Las Vegas beginning in March.
Mandalay Bay, Park MGM and The Mirage resort are all expected to resume these operations starting March 3.
Representatives say the change comes as the company has seen increased interest in travel to Las Vegas.
Previously, each property had implemented selective mid-week closures related to decreased business volumes due to COVID-19.
"As we begin to see positive signs around the public's sentiment about traveling, coupled with important progress on the vaccination front and decreasing COVID-19 case numbers, bringing Mandalay Bay, Park MGM and The Mirage back to full-week operations is an important step for us," said Bill Hornbuckle, MGM Resorts' CEO & President. "We remain optimistic about Las Vegas' recovery and our ability to bring employees back to work as business volumes allow us to do so."
MGM Resorts announced last week that it was increasing the capacity for two of its shows and reopening two others. The shows included the Brad Garrett's Comedy Club at the MGM Resort and Carrot Top and "Fantasy" show at the Luxor hotel-casino.