LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Nevada Department of Taxation issued a health and safety notice advising consumers and patients to avoid consuming marijuana which failed secondary total yeast and mold testing by an independent testing laboratory.
It is believed the affected marijuana was sold in the form of flower and pre-rolls between July 10 and Aug. 28 by the following Retail Stores/Medical Dispensaries:
- Acres Medical, LLC (license # 11058209030610809158)
- D. H. Flamingo, Inc (license # 01359449685112111637)
- Naturex II, LLC (license # 50748233769645953480)
- Desert Aire Wellness, LLC (license # 25729455103203031356)
The affected marijuana was cultivated by D. H. Aldebaran Inc. (license # 04584977759671021505) and Las Vegas Natural Caregivers, LLC (license # 82798431024231095044) and harvested between May 28 and July 10.
The affected marijuana bears the following batch and lot numbers:
- Gelato #41, Harvest date 7/10/2019, Batch # G41-07102019, Lot# 01
- Northern Lights Blue Flower, Harvest date 6/5/2019, Batch # NLB-06052019, Lot# 01
- Funky Malawi, Harvest date 7/10/2019, Batch # FM-07102019, Lot# 02
- BWID flower, Harvest date 5/28/2019, Batch #BWID052819, Lot# L1
All marijuana and marijuana products properly sold by a licensed store or dispensary should have a product label on the packaging. The batch and lot number can be found on the label, typically near the top, directly below the facility information.
There are no known reports of illness. Health impacts from yeast and mold may exist.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does have general information on how mold can affect people. To learn more about that click here.
The issuing department says there is no reason to believe that the dispensaries or cultivators had any knowledge that the products exceeded allowable limits.