Local News


Teen arrested in Feb. 9 deadly shooting

Posted at 2:31 PM, Feb 09, 2016
and last updated 2016-02-22 22:12:15-05

UPDATE: Detectives with the LVMPD Homicide Section identified 17-year-old Devin Alvague as the suspect in this case. On February 19, 2016 detectives with the Criminal Apprehension Team located and arrested Alvague in connection with this case. He was taken into custody without incident at a residence located in the 1300 block of Cashman Drive, and transported to the Clark County Detention Center where he faces one count of Open Murder with a Deadly Weapon.

The second subject in the vehicle at the time of the incident has been located and interviewed by detectives and is no longer being sought in connection with this incident.

A man is dead after being shot on Tuesday afternoon in the 2900 block of Kennewick Drive, which is near East Vegas Valley Drive and South Mojave Road.

Several neighbors and a friend identify the victim as 42-year-old Mike Guinn of Las Vegas. He died of a gunshot wound to the chest.

Police said they received a call around 1:33 p.m. Upon arrival, they found the victim lying outside.

He was transported to Sunrise Hospital Trauma and pronounced deceased.

No one has been arrested at this time.

Police are searching for a man and a woman who fled in a silver pickup truck. 

Witnesses heard an argument between the victim and two people in the truck, said detectives.

"Apparently, they're acquaintances," said Lt. Dan McGrath. "We are trying to figure out who all these people are, we have a couple first names."

A friend of the victim tells 13 Action News the deadly dispute was over rent money.  The woman in the pickup truck was reportedly a tenant in the victim's house until she stopped paying rent.  Guinn's friend said the woman had come back Tuesday to pick up her belongings.  That's when the man she came with allegedly opened fire, killing Guinn. 

Detectives said it appears the argument stemmed from a dispute over money.  No other details were immediately available. 

Several neighbors said they've called police after witnessing countless people come and go from the home. 13 Action News asked detectives about this claim.  Police have not confirmed any prior calls but are still investigating.  

Witnesses tried to provide medical aid to Guinn before help arrived but it was too late.