Local News


Search for fugitive mistakenly released enters 6th day

Local mom terrified, has gone into hiding
Posted at 11:16 AM, Feb 13, 2018

UPDATE 5 P.M. FEB. 13: According to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, the suspect is still outstanding as of 5 p.m. Tuesday. 

The search for Galasi is entering its sixth day.

13 Action News is also learning new information about the California warrant. 

Public Information Officer Laura Meltzer says the warrant for false imprisonment is out of San Francisco's jurisdiction.

ORIGINAL:  Las Vegas police are looking for a fugitive who was mistakenly released last week.

Anthony Galasi, a convicted pimp, walked out of the Clark County Detention Center despite the fact that there is an active fugitive warrant for his arrest in California. 

Right now, Las Vegas police are examining the chain of events that led to this error.

According to court records, Galasi was initially facing first-degree kidnapping and sex trafficking charges in November. On Feb. 8, he pleaded guilty to pandering and was sentenced to 120 days. The 27-year-old was released after receiving credit for time served. 

The victim in the case tells 13 Action News she is fearful and has gone into hiding.  We are not revealing her identity at this point. 

According to the victim, the Clark County District Attorney's Office did not even notify her about the plea deal. 

She says she believes her life is in danger as a result of a broken system.

Galasi was initially facing decades behind bars. The victim said she wanted this case to go to trial and was willing to testify against the defendant.

She alleges Galasi beat and forced her into prostitution. The young mother says she did what she believed was necessary in order to protect her child. 

The 23-year-old tells 13 Action News this all began in the summer of 2016.  At first, her relationship with Galasi was loving, not violent.

She was introduced to Galasi an up-and-coming rapper from San Francisco.

Galasi goes by the nickname 'Frost The Legend."

After many phone conversations, the mom left Las Vegas and moved in with Galasi in California. 

Soon after, she says he forced her to sell sex. After about 2 months, she said she was able to escape. 

13 Action News has reached out to the Clark County District Attorney's Office to determine why Galasi was offered a plea deal.  The DA's Office has not responded to our requests for two days. 

We have also reached out to the San Francisco Police Department to get an update about the potential case in their jurisdiction.