Local News


Man hospitalized with burns after barbecue fire

Posted at 12:06 PM, Jul 03, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-03 15:06:59-04

A barbecue fire spread to a home in the far east part of the valley Saturday evening.

Around 5:50 p.m., the Clark County Fire Department responded to the blaze in the 5900 block of Rocky Mountain Avenue, near Carey Avenue and Toiyabe Street. The fire started from a propane barbecue that caught fire with it extending to the exterior wall of the mobile home.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and treated 3 adult patients on scene. One patient was transported to University Medical Center with burns to his hand and foot.  

Damages to the structure are estimated at $5,000.