Las Vegas police are sponsoring a pill takeback event Saturday.
People can drop off prescription drugs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Acceptable items include unneeded prescription drugs (in original containers with patient name marked out), prescription liquids and pet medications.
Locations to drop off include:
- Smith's, 2255 E. Centennial Parkway, North Las Vegas
- Smith's, 450 N. Nellis Blvd., Las Vegas
- Albertsons, 201 S. Stephanie St., Henderson
- CVS, 10400 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas
- Albertsons, 1001 S. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas.
- CVS, 1551 W. Sunset Road, Henderson
- College of Southern Nevada Campus, 6375 W. Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas (from 8 a.m. to noon)
Other options for disposal include disposing in permanent drop boxes located in the lobbies of Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and Area Commands; and crushing prescription drugs in a seal-tight plastic bag before adding kitty litter or wet coffee grounds and then sealing the bag and disposing in the trash.