Local News

Actions

Henderson house fire confined to attic

KTNV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 2:54 PM, Jan 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-24 17:54:31-05

Two adults were displaced by a house fire in Henderson Saturday night.

The Henderson Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire on Mayan Drive, near Sunset Road and Arroyo Grande Boulevard, around 10 p.m.

The first arriving engine crew observed fire and smoke showing from the attic of a two-story, single family residence. Firefighters quickly accessed the interior of the home and the roof to extinguish the fire, which was confined to the attic of the residence.

The fire was discovered by the residents, who were able to exit the home safely and call 911. Two adults were displaced by the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

There were no injuries to residents or firefighters.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental in nature due to burning a gas fireplace for an extended period of time over two days. The total loss is estimated at $55,000.