Local News

Actions

Firefighters respond to blaze in laundry room

KTNV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:43 AM, Oct 13, 2015
and last updated 2015-10-13 13:43:32-04

Henderson firefighters got a blaze under control Sunday that initially started in the house's laundry room.

The Henderson Fire Department responded to the fire on Emerald Idol Place, near Galleria Drive and Boulder Highway, around 2:45 p.m.

Firefighters found smoke coming from the attic vents of a two-story single family residence. The crew entered the home and located the source of fire in the second floor laundry room, extending into the wall and attic space. Firefighters extinguished the fire within 10 minutes after their arrival.

Residents were home at the time of the fire and were alerted by their smoke alarms. They investigated and observed flames coming from their clothes dryer. The residents safely exited the residence and called 9-1-1.

There were no injuries to residents or fire personnel. Two adults and two children were displaced by the fire and were assisted by the American Red Cross.

The total loss is estimated at $55,000.