Local News


Henderson fire displaces 3 people

Henderson fire displaces 3 people
Posted at 11:08 AM, Aug 02, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-02 14:19:27-04
A fire that started around the clothes dryer damaged a Henderson home this morning and displaced three adults.
The Henderson Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 300 block of West Chesapeake Way, near Pacific Avenue and West Van Wagenen Street, at about 7:45 a.m.

The first arriving engine crew observed a fully involved garage fire at a one-story single family residence. Firefighters initiated an offensive attack and contained fire damage to the garage.
Two residents were home when the fire started. One resident smelled smoke and discovered the fire in the garage. Both occupants safely evacuated the home and called 9-1-1.
Four engines, one truck, two rescue units and an air resource apparatus responded to the fire.
There were no injuries to residents or firefighters. Three adults were displaced by the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
A City of Henderson Senior Fire Investigator, Henderson Police, NV Energy and Southwest Gas Corp. responded to help secure the property.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. The estimated loss is $60,000 for the structure and $25,000 for contents.