Las Vegas will be elevated to the national spotlight on Oct. 19 as the 2016 presidential candidates take the stage for the third and final debate at the Thomas & Mack Center. Traffic is expected to be heavier than usual in the valley.
— LVMPD (@LVMPD) October 12, 2016
Traffic and transit service surrounding the Thomas & Mack Center will be severely affected, so the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) advises commuters to plan
ahead for roadway and transit restrictions.
Periodic restrictions on valley roadways will occur between 4 to 10 p.m. Oct. 19 in
the following areas:
- I-15 Southbound from Sahara Avenue to I-215 Eastbound through the airport connector to Russell Road
- Russell Road (both directions) from McCarran International Airport to Maryland Parkway
- Maryland Parkway (both directions) from Russell Road to Tropicana Avenue
- Tropicana Avenue westbound from Maryland Parkway to Swenson Street
- Swenson Street (both directions) from Naples Drive to Tropicana Avenue
- Flamingo Road eastbound from I-15 to Swenson Street
- Sands Avenue eastbound from Las Vegas Boulevard to Swenson Street
- Swenson Street (both directions) from Twain Avenue to Tropicana Avenue
Intermittent closures will affect access to McCarran International Airport. The recommended route to the airport from the east side of the valley is westbound Flamingo Road to southbound Paradise Road.
The recommended route to the airport from the west side of the valley is eastbound Tropicana Avenue to southbound Paradise Road.
Commuters traveling in these areas during this timeframe should expect delays and plan for additional travel time.
Transit customers should be aware of the following route impacts:
- Tropicana (Route 201): Stops on westbound Tropicana between Maryland Parkway and Paradise Road will not be served
- Paradise/Swenson (Route 108): Stops on northbound Swenson Street between Tropicana Avenue and Flamingo Road will not be served
- Westcliff Airport Express (WAX): The Tropicana Avenue and Koval Lane stop on northbound WAX will not be served.
Route detours with specific turn-by-turn directions are available on the RTC website.
Please be advised that both roadway and transit restrictions are subject to change.
Click on the graphic below for a larger view of the map.