Local News

Actions

Fire guts bedroom in Summerlin area home

Posted at 5:43 AM, Oct 07, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-07 22:53:05-04

Firefighters responded to a house fire in the Summerlin area overnight.

It happened at a home on Pinnacle Heights Lane near Summerlin Parkway and Town Center shortly after 2 a.m.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue says that a female teen was asleep in a bedroom in the home when she woke to popping noises. She saw smoke coming from a charging station for electrical devices.

The smoke activated the home's smoke alarms which woke up the girl's mother. The girl and her mother were able to escape safely.

The bedroom was completely gutted and 2 adults and a teenager have been displaced.

LVFR says that electrical fires and the 2nd leading cause of fires in Las Vegas and cause more damage than all other types of fires combined.

Damage is estimated at $40,000.