LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A small fire forced an evacuation of a local Walmart Sunday evening.
Firefighters were called to the store located at 4505 W. Charleston Boulevard, near Decatur Boulevard, just before 8 p.m.
Crews say the fire started in the rear of the store in the paper towel aisle.
The burning material did produce smoke that quickly filled the store.
Damage was estimated at $200,000, mostly due to smoke damaging items in the store. Structural damage was estimated at less than $10,000.
Firefighters and employees of Walmart worked quickly to make sure water from the sprinkler system did not damage the store further, according to Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.
One person was injured in the incident with arson ruled as the cause of the fire.
The incident remains under investigation.