Local News


Fire forces evacuation of guests at downtown hotel

Posted at 5:32 AM, Sep 22, 2016
and last updated 2016-09-22 15:29:57-04

An early-morning fire at the Golden Nugget in downtown Las Vegas forced guests from their rooms.

The fire started on the 8th floor of the hotel and fire officials believe that the fire was caused by a guest who fell asleep while smoking.

The fire was quickly extinguished by the fire sprinklers inside the room.

But, part of the hotel was evacuated as a precaution.

"When we got outside, it smelled like burnt wiring, plastic, or something like that," said one guest, Tom Donahue. 

No injuries have been reported.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.