Local News


Dishwashing machine malfunctions, catches fire at Aria

Posted at 10:57 PM, Aug 10, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-11 02:24:05-04

A large dishwashing machine at the Aria hotel-casino malfunctioned and caught fire Wednesday night.

Around 10:05 p.m., the Clark County Fire Department received a reported of  a fire at the Aria Hotel, located at 3730 S. Las Vegas Blvd.

The first crews arrived at 10:09 and were advised by security that the fire was located in a 2nd floor kitchen. Once at that location crews reported the sprinkler system had activated and that the fire was out.

Further investigation revealed the fire had been in large dishwashing machine. The fire was contained to the machine and there was no extension or damage to the structure itself.

Personnel used the building’s ventilation system to clear residual smoke from the kitchen.

The incident commander began releasing units at 10:26 p.m.

There was a report of one person on the second floor that suffered smoke inhalation and that person was transported. There were no other injuries reported and a damage estimate is not available at this time.