LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) is investigating a fatal stabbing that killed two people on Monday night.
Metro's Lieutenant Price held a media briefing to share the preliminary details of this incident. Here is what we've learned so far.
WATCH | Lt. Price's full media briefing
Around 10 p.m. yesterday, LVMPD received a call for service regarding an incident at the 200 block of North 8th Street.
The caller reported that one individual had been stabbed, and that the suspect had been detained by witnesses in the area.
Officers found a man in his late 30s to early 40s lying on the floor inside an apartment. The victim had been stabbed, and later pronounced dead on the scene.

LVMPD noted that the suspect, a man of similar age to the victim, had also sustained stab wounds. Police said he was taken to a nearby hospital, where he died from his injuries a half hour later.
WATCH | Two dead following stabbing downtown
Investigators believe the suspect had waited in the apartment hallway for the victim, where he attacked the victim as he walked by. According to police, the suspect was stabbed by his own knife during the incident.

According to the Clark County Coroner's Office, the victim was identified as 39-year-old Miguel Dupree. His death was ruled a homicide.
The Clark County Coroner's Office ruled the suspect's death, 35-year-old Francisco Conte, a suicide. The cause of death was stab wounds to the chest.
Anyone with information is encouraged to reach out to LVMPD Homicide, or to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers of Nevada.
-
Some Tupac family members exit court during showing of autopsy photos
Some members of Tupac Shakur's family stepped out of the courtroom Tuesday before prosecutors showed photos from his autopsy at the Las Vegas trial of the man charged in the killing of the rap giant.
Arrest report: Man shot bystander while trying to confront suspected car burglar
Francisco Chairez-Hernandez, 21, is accused of firing the shot that killed Karla Abarca, who police refer to as an "innocent bystander" sitting in a truck at the intersection of Bonanza and Lamb.
Testimony begins in trial of man accused of orchestrating Tupac Shakur killing
Witness testimony began Monday, Aug. 17, in the trial of Duane "Keefe D" Davis, the man accused of orchestrating the killing of rapper Tupac Shakur in 1996.
A dispute about fact vs. fiction at the trial over Tupac's killing in Las Vegas
A prosecutor said Monday that while few have been willing to speak about the 1996 killing of Tupac Shakur, Duane “Keffe D” Davis is the “one person who has a hard time being silent.”